Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was kinda my point - Sterling is better and he's touted at 50m. Barkley? Ward Prowse? He's hardly in bad company.

Also, obviously he's not played many games yet that doesn't stop people claiming we've got better players in the EDS with 0 games under their belt.

Tbh if the EDS was half as good as many assume I don't understand why they're not out on loan making big impacts in half decent teams - like Grealish has.
Half decent? They may be in the FA Cup final but they stayed in the league by the skin of their teeth, 17th they finished.

As for the big impact he's had on them to push them to the lofty heights of 17th... one assist. Obviously there's more to the game of football than that but Lopes finished with 3 goals and 3 assists in just 6 more games for 8th place Lille in Ligue 1.

Much like Sherwood taking over at Villa, young players in that position have nothing to lose, no pressure on them to perform. If we were still in our relegation struggling days when we threw in the likes of Barton who shone then the likes of Barker etc would be getting games and I doubt they'd do much worse than 0 goals and 1 assist in more than half a season.

Obviously now Grealish will go on to score a hat trick in the final today but I don't get the hype as of now. The likes of Sterling, Barkley, Stones, Ward-Prowse in just recent years have shown a lot more than him, he's not even in their bracket yet of good young players.

And his socks are shit.

Half decent? They may be in the FA Cup final but they stayed in the league by the skin of their teeth, 17th they finished.

As for the big impact he's had on them to push them to the lofty heights of 17th... one assist. Obviously there's more to the game of football than that but Lopes finished with 3 goals and 3 assists in just 6 more games for 8th place Lille in Ligue 1.

Much like Sherwood taking over at Villa, young players in that position have nothing to lose, no pressure on them to perform. If we were still in our relegation struggling days when we threw in the likes of Barton who shone then the likes of Barker etc would be getting games and I doubt they'd do much worse than 0 goals and 1 assist in more than half a season.

Obviously now Grealish will go on to score a hat trick in the final today but I don't get the hype as of now. The likes of Sterling, Barkley, Stones, Ward-Prowse in just recent years have shown a lot more than him, he's not even in their bracket yet of good young players.
Why can't our young players get decent loan spells under their belts, bar the very best, Lopes?

Grealish has impressed in games largely with his skill on the ball, he played very well even against City.

I'm not saying he's one of the best players in the country by any means, but imo he's one of the most equipped to be successful at City because he has obvious technique and skill, as opposed just pace or strength or another attribute that's harder to develop.

Realistically he could go on to be excellent or terrible, neither of us can say, but out of all the youngsters I've seen in the last couple of seasons (including our EDS) he's one of the best.

Why can't our young players get decent loan spells under their belts, bar the very best, Lopes?

Grealish has impressed in games largely with his skill on the ball, he played very well even against City.

I'm not saying he's one of the best players in the country by any means, but imo he's one of the most equipped to be successful at City because he has obvious technique and skill, as opposed just pace or strength or another attribute that's harder to develop.

Realistically he could go on to be excellent or terrible, neither of us can say, but out of all the youngsters I've seen in the last couple of seasons (including our EDS) he's one of the best.
Like Rekik and Denayer?

Grealish is the very best of Villa's youth team, so I don't understand why you're discrediting loans like Lopes' because he's one of our best. Grealish was called upon as Villa's brightest prospect to come into a desperate relegation threatened side.

Villa were in a position were they had nothing to lose and no real other option but to play their best young player(s), we have been able to loan our best young players out and 2 are coming back as League Champions.

Like Rekik and Denayer?

Grealish is the very best of Villa's youth team, so I don't understand why you're discrediting loans like Lopes' because he's one of our best. Grealish was called upon as Villa's brightest prospect to come into a desperate relegation threatened side.
I know, that's part of my argument for why Grealish can't be dismissed as definitely no better than our EDS players.

It's the opposite of discounting Lopes I'm saying he's really good too.

Like Rekik and Denayer?

Villa were in a position were they had nothing to lose and no real other option but to play their best young player(s), we have been able to loan our best young players out and 2 are coming back as League Champions.
If Grealish was our player on loan we'd want him back in the squad.

I know, that's part of my argument for why Grealish can't be dismissed as definitely no better than our EDS players.

It's the opposite of discounting Lopes I'm saying he's really good too.
You're asking why our EDS players can't get a loan to half decent teams while three of our best prospects have just spent the season on loan playing in the top level in their respective countries and two our coming back as League Champions.

Grealish can't be dismissed as no better than any of our EDS players but he's certainly not shown anything worthy of us spending God's amount on trying to sign him and playing him ahead of others.

If Grealish was our player on loan we'd want him back in the squad.
Sorry but that is utter bollocks.

Going for the title we'd recall a player starting just 7 games and setting up one goal for a team clinging to their Premier League status and have him in the squad ahead of players like Nasri, Milner, Fernandinho, Lampard, Navas etc. Bollocks.

You're asking why our EDS players can't get a loan to half decent teams while three of our best prospects have just spent the season on loan playing in the top level in their respective countries and two our coming back as League Champions.

Grealish can't be dismissed as no better than any of our EDS players but he's certainly not shown anything worthy of us spending God's amount on trying to sign him and playing him ahead of others.
Well we agree on his level within the current EDS squad.

Subjectively though imo he's shown enough to be worth a look at, had the beating of Fernando all game at ours and absolutely ran the FA Cup semi.

Well we agree on his level within the current EDS squad.

Subjectively though imo he's shown enough to be worth a look at, had the beating of Fernando all game at ours and absolutely ran the FA Cup semi.
Who was that kid that made Clichy he's woman in the FA Cup Final? Where's he now?

There were quite a few wanting us to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.