Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but that is utter bollocks.

Going for the title we'd recall a player starting just 7 games and setting up one goal for a team clinging to their Premier League status and have him in the squad ahead of players like Nasri, Milner, Fernandinho, Lampard, Navas etc. Bollocks.
No I'm saying there'd be a clamour along the lines of the constant replace Kolarov with Angelino, Sagna with Maffeo, "surely Barker couldn't be worse than Navas", "we don't need a third striker we've got Kelechi" ... etc

I'm really in no way saying he should be a regular starter.

No I'm saying there'd be a clamour along the lines of the constant replace Kolarov with Angelino, Sagna with Maffeo, "surely Barker couldn't be worse than Navas", "we don't need a third striker we've got Kelechi" ... etc

I'm really in no way saying he should be a regular starter.
That I agree with, however, I'm one of the few that doesn't subscribe to all the clamour for seemingly overwhelming integration of the EDS squad.

That I agree with, however, I'm one of the few that doesn't subscribe to all the clamour for seemingly overwhelming integration of the EDS squad.
Tbh I do agree with what you said, it's well evidenced and we have the same standpoint on the EDS.

But in what I've seen of Grealish he has a technique and elegance that I just don't see in many youngsters at all. He makes good decisions, dribbles really well and has a certain fearlessness. I know he's playing without pressure, but even then he's showing an attitude and drive that most players his age cant.

He's nowhere near yet, but imo his potential ceiling is way, way above most of the youngsters out there.

I suppose it's as much a hunch or a hope as anything, but it's one I'm prepared to stand by. I'm not usually one to go overboard on youngsters, but I watched him all game at ours and his movement and technique was very impressive.

Tbh I do agree with what you said, it's well evidenced and we have the same standpoint on the EDS.

But in what I've seen of Grealish he has a technique and elegance that I just don't see in many youngsters at all. He makes good decisions, dribbles really well and has a certain fearlessness. I know he's playing without pressure, but even then he's showing an attitude and drive that most players his age cant.

He's nowhere near yet, but imo his potential ceiling is way, way above most of the youngsters out there.

I suppose it's as much a hunch or a hope as anything, but it's one I'm prepared to stand by. I'm not usually one to go overboard on youngsters, but I watched him all game at ours and his movement and technique was very impressive.

For me Marcos Rony Lopes is better player has better technique,his faster and his our player

For me Marcos Rony Lopes is better player has better technique,his faster and his our player
I completely agree.

I can't wait to see how Barker, Ambrose and Pozo develop too.

But right now I think Grealish could offer something different off the bench and could turn into a very good player. Personally I think we never replaced the impact value of Adam Johnson (despite having much better players since).

I completely agree.

I can't wait to see how Barker, Ambrose and Pozo develop too.

But right now I think Grealish could offer something different off the bench and could turn into a very good player. Personally I think we never replaced the impact value of Adam Johnson (despite having much better players since).

That's right from Adam Johnson we did not have good wing , we bought Navas to replaced him but he is not so good.I think Brandon Barker will be excellent replaced for Johnson.

That's right from Adam Johnson we did not have good wing , we bought Navas to replaced him but he is not so good.I think Brandon Barker will be excellent replaced for Johnson.
In fairness to the world cup winning Jesus Navas there's not much to suggest that Barker will be better or worse just yet.

At least Grealish has played difficult games at the highest level and has impressed.

Which brings it back to my conversation with Pudge - what makes people think that the EDS team is full of world class future players on very little evidence?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.