Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

They are now phoning people who are at the end of the waiting list trying to sell premium seats .Must be having difficulty shifting them.

Supporters up to 8871 are able to buy up to Saturday which leads me to believe that everyone on the list will get one by early next week

The premium seats have gone well - spoke to the lady on the phone yesterday and they have had "excellent" demand.

The premium seats have gone well - spoke to the lady on the phone yesterday and they have had "excellent" demand.

Wonder why they are phoning people at the end of the waiting list trying to convince them that they may miss out on an ST this season and promoting jumping the queue to the Premium seats .

Personally think that the club has misjudged the wealth of the core of the support.

I've considered dropping out of the cup scheme, but the away European trips and possible CL final(arf!) keep me in it.

As for the domestic cups, I'll probably stay in both of them, only for the extra loyalty points(away games) and cheap tickets.

However, going to a midweek COC match is dire.

Wonder why they are phoning people at the end of the waiting list trying to convince them that they may miss out on an ST this season and promoting jumping the queue to the Premium seats .

Personally think that the club has misjudged the wealth of the core of the support.

The premium seats aren't for the core support, depending what you mean by 'core', there are only about 2000 premium tickets there are easily that many city fans that can afford 1200 1750 pounds. Whether they want to spend that is another matter but I think enough wiil.

They have a pretty good idea of how wealthy you are from your postcode. Try www.checkmyarea.com . I would be surprised if the ticket office weren't targeting people for premium seats according to their postcode.

I was offered and took a premium seat nearly two weeks ago as my window for a normal ST isn't until tomorrow. At that time, I wasn't confident that there would be enough normal seats come my window so opted to take the risk. They could be looking to shift the final few by targeting those who may have or be thinking like me in that if they don't take a premium, they may miss out this year. Just a thought

Why?

The strategy is, at least partly, based on maximising revenue: 50,000 x £50 is much better than 60,000 x £30 for example.

I'm sure the club wouldn't want 30,000 x £100 as that would look shite on the television and hurt the brand image
but Barcelona only play in front of 75%-80% of stadium capacity on average.

The club want to assess the viability of extending the North Stand based on next season's attendance figures.
We all know that if we price seats ridiculously cheap like we did for the Hamburg match we could sell 60-80,000
every week but that isn't the game plan. We aren't working on the German model.

Not sure what you mean by 'why'?

The strategy is to maximise revenue in the long term as well as the short term. So of course the club are going to try to get as much money as possible for the Cat A Games. But to really maximise revenue they need new committed fans, and whilst they are going to do everything in their power to hook as many of these people in as possible at 'full' price, I also believe they should, and will, offer loss leader type deals whilst we improve further on the pitch.

The big games will look after themselves. It's the other 80% which are the challenge to fill. The club are obviously sensitive to the 'empty seats' jibes. That's why they did that ridiculous thing for some of the cup games, insisting on selling seats at the front only.

You cant jump the queue by buying a premium seat. I have moved to a seat in 93:20, and my wife was on the waiting list and had to wait until her window opened to buy a premium seat. They did hold the seat next to mine for her though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.