Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate......Vidal had been mentioned earlier in the thread was just adding that bit of info while we were talking about him!

Can't see the point in signing the Villa captain just to play him in a few Capital One Cup matches anymore that I can see why the Villa captain would choose to go to a club where he is clearly not good enough to get in the team.

Though I rate Delph I think he's got a hell of a lot to do before I'd even consider him. He is good on either foot but is one of those players that hasn't mastered attacking or defensive play. He's a bit like Bambi on ice, running around with good intentions but not really knowing where he is heading to, how he's going to get there and what he's going to do if he does. It's the same reservations I've had with Wilshere, though he's at least more graceful on the ball and better at passing. Time and time again Wilshere will glide past the opposition in midfield, he's a very deceptive player and oozes class, but it's when he then gets at the back 4 that he suffers. It was good to see him shoot against Slovenia because that should be something he does more often. Players will now have to step up to block a shot and he can slide in another team mate - I hope he continues in this vein.

Back to Delph and he's simply not going to play enough for us and considering he's in the England set up he'd be a fool to come and sit on our bench. He's full of energy but he gives the ball away too often and I'd much rather we signed someone who had nailed down a particular role, whether that be someone with less pace but better defensively or whatever. He's scored about 3 quality goals but he's again one of those that might break through the midfield and run at the opposition but as long as you mark his team mates he's stuck for options and will go sideways.

Can we please just delete this thread. It won't happen. We don't need him. He wouldn't improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.