Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our first two major signings are an unheard of Turkish player and an England international who won't be a starter when everyone is fit. Better get better.

Come on robbie! Sterling will be sorted over the weekend mate and we are in with a brilliant chance of pogba!

So our first two major signings are an unheard of Turkish player and an England international who won't be a starter when everyone is fit. Better get better.
Delph is a good signing especially after losing Milner. I'm very happy with that, and I am sure mot blue are. Strange reaction to signing a good young player

There is absolutely no way at all that City would allow him to think that he's coming in as a starter and the comments directed in the media back this up.

We aren't stupid, despite what some people on this forum tend to think

I hope so mate, but I didn't get the impression he was happy, or willing, to be a bit part player on the basis of Richards' comments.

Over the blue moon with this one, great signing at 8mil.

Anyone knocking this deal needs their head testing, we ARE/WERE desperate for homegrown signings and we bring in a class player at right age for relative peanuts and people aren't happy? Weird.

He is far from class. I think you are suffering from blue tinted specs where you are trying to make this out to be bigger than it is. Yes we needed HG players but make no mistake he will not play a big role and will probably leave within a few seasons bemoaning lack of football.

Does he have to 'improve us' ?
That implies we need to be getting better players than those we already have, but it's just as valid to swap out one water carrier for another, and possibly save some money in the process, or gain a couple of years in age etc. We also have the home grown issue to deal with, which can't be ignored. We HAVE to have more home grown - it's just a matter of where they come from and the price. Is anybody in the Academy as good today as Delph? if not, then we need to buy.

We don't know that Wilshere is even possible, but we do know his price would be pretty high. Same for the likes of Barkley. So Delph solves a problem at a sensible price. If / when we can upgrade on him, I'm sure we will, but until then, he plugs the HG gap with a reasonable skill level.

He is not stupid and Txiki is a stright shooter. He will tell him what sort of game time he will see. Delph doesn't come across as the brain dead type of player to just nod and sign.

A solid player who now has the tools around him to elevate his own game more and i think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.