Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's reminiscent of us with Tevez right after Munich, and Toure after cakegate.
Fans turn very quickly the moment they think a player wants out and is making a spectacle of themselves to force a move.

He's not 50m quids worth of player, and I'm not sure I'm aching to see him in a City shirt either. A large part of me hopes we walk away from any deal and find someone more sensibly priced, but there's not much of a list of similar HG players is there?

All things being equal, I'd rather over pay for Pogba than I would for Sterling.

On a more serious note though - no matter what fans think of a player, we don't know the mental state of someone. We should be mindful of that. It might sound stupid, but we've no idea what pressure the lad's feeling and what actions he could take if pushed too far.

Completely agree mate. This transfer has a huge great big health warning stamped all over it. If we can get him at a sensible price, then OK but paying over the odds for a player who is unproven at the top level and who could very well end up being a basket case, is not on, imho.

This is were am going wrong I should join rawk for a fall out,not on here with fellow blues..........fucking sinking ship one tit calls us,jesus if we are sinking what does that make them ffs,I could have a field day on there

Liverpool are being so short sighted with this. What message are they sending to potential signings when they see what a struggle it is to leave if things don't work out. They protracted with Suarez, handled Gerrard badly and now this.

You can't just keep saying that you said it yesterday and nothing..

This isn't Fifa mate. Negotiations aren't that straight forward. Things take time. So what if he is off by a day or so, Tolmie takes time out of his probably busy day to post snippets.

As for Sterling saga, he will be a City player soon enough, however it has really shown up what lfc supporters really are - vile.

What does it signify?

The sooner this is done the better for all parties involved.

City get a fabulous young talent and liverpool get a huge fee.

Which is the exact position your club should have took when he asked for a move months back.

I really hope City have had no influence on his decision to avoid their pre-season tour or his decision to phone in sick this morning to avoid training. If he signs for us, are we storing up a whole load of trouble for the future ? I despise LFC but is Sterling going to be coming here with more baggage than anyone can handle ?

The so called baggage is somewhat inevitable because the real issue here is all about the power and influence of clubs like Liverpool and the disparity between the treatment or trust in such cooperation compared to individuals. Liverpool were definitely shocked and pushed back a bit when Sterling made his intentions clear and they eventually came to terms that he will be leaving the club. That is a fact that has been established even before the season ended.

So this is where the dirty business comes in: They have to make the most of the situation and achieve the following goals:

1.Get the most money possible from the sale of the player:it is a business, which is why I put the fiscal aspect as the first priority.

2. Smear and discredit the player as much as possible: and this is where the disparity and injustice comes into play. It seems that most people and the media ofcourse has bought into the lie that the news of Sterling wanting to leave was introduced to the public by Sterling and his agent. Nobody wants to even consider the reality that most of the news and intentions of Sterling was more than likely LEAKED out to the press by LIVERPOOL as part of the smear campaign and in order to portray themselves as the victim and Sterling as the villain. It is funny how a year ago, the scousers and the media hailed Sterling as one of the brightest prospects in Europe (WHICH HE IS) and now all of a sudden, he is overrated, money grabber that is not worth much. All this is part of the Liverpool strategy to discredit Sterling's name and prospects and pile as much baggage on him as possible.But the thing is the media and many people are giving Liverpool a pass in their role in smearing the player by leaking these strories themselves into the public.

3. Ridicule Sterling and put him in his place: Liverpool will always stretch the negotiation process into the pre season because they will want to still show some dominance and control over the player-'' I know you want to leave, but you are still a Liverpool player so you must come to training''. This is what is playing out as we speak, they want to drag him through the mud and get that final slap on him before he finally leaves. Rotten club.

Sterling probably knows most of this and is in an awkward situation but he is trying to get out of there as soon as he can. He is going to play for us, there is no doubt about that but all this is about Liverpool using all their powers to get one or two or three back on the player.

So the baggage will be there, but it is always there when it comes to players opting to come to City. There is always a way to paint the player and City as the villains and gather a lot of ill will towards the player and the club. Unfortunately that is the reality but anyone that sees through all this will say, they can do what they want, we keep moving forward.

This whole ordeal has really made me warm up to the lad.

Don't think he'll give us any grief, and in 5 years time people will look back and realise this whole saga has been created by the bin dippers being cunts and sterlings agent reacting with the boy stuck in the middle just wanting out.

Think he'll do well for us, and appreciate a decent manager after all the shit Brenda has pulled out in press conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.