James McCarthy

Surely with Lopes/Denayer/Iheanacho being promoted and Sterling coming in we don't need to crawl around under vending machines reaching for the James McCarthys of this world?

MARTINEZ: MCCARTHY NOT FOR SALE

http://thetoffeetalk.com/2015/07/15/martinez-mccarthy-not-for-sale/

Everton boss Roberto Martinez today insisted key midfielder James McCarthy will not leave the club during the summer transfer window.

Speculation surrounding the future of the 24-year-old Irishman has mounted in recent weeks, with several national newspapers linking the former Wigan man with a move to Premier League rivals Manchester City or Tottenham Hotspur.

Paddy Boyland45 mins ago32 reads
ShareTweet
Everton boss Roberto Martinez today insisted key midfielder James McCarthy will not leave the club during the summer transfer window.

Speculation surrounding the future of the 24-year-old Irishman has mounted in recent weeks, with several national newspapers linking the former Wigan man with a move to Premier League rivals Manchester City or Tottenham Hotspur.

City, in particular, are believed to be in the market for a new central midfielder, after an £8 million move for Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph broke down late last week.

However, speaking after today’s Barclays Asia Trophy win over Stoke City, the Catalan reaffirmed his desire to keep hold of the indefatigable Irishman.

“There are two reasons why James McCarthy is not for sale,” said Martinez. “The first is that Everton are a club that has balanced its books, it is not a club that needs to sell anybody. The second is that James McCarthy has been a strong performer for me for a number of seasons. I know exactly how he performs, he is a central part of my plans so the answer would be no.”

McCarthy, who has 3 years left on his current deal, remains a key part of Martinez’s plans, and played 80 minutes in this morning’s 5-4 penalty shootout victory over Mark Hughes’ men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.