Official: City Sign Roberts from Fulham

An excellent piece of business and it's exciting to see us go down the route of snapping up the young emerging talent before they hit it big and cost £50 million. Even in the worst case scenario where he doesn't live up to the immense potential he has, I imagine we'd still be able to sell him on and make a profit.

its fantastic were addressing the english player issue this window as i dont think mr sterling would have been as expensive if liverpool didnt have us by the balls on the hg quota, certainly exciting times to be blue

That's a valid point, hopefully he'll not get targeted as much playing in a team of superior players to Fulham (no disrespect to them).
Its just the reality of the English game I'm afraid and the further down the leagues you go the worse it gets. Its about results not skill & players like Paddy are bound to suffer.

He'll thrive at a football playing club he will....

Why didn't he brake into the 1st team at Fulham? Attitude or build or both? This is my only reservation as he looks like Messi on Youtube..
Didn't the manager say he wanted to protect the player by not rushing him into playing 40 full games a season? Makes sense. He's not the most developed player physically.

Buzzing about this signing.

With the correct guidance he will be top class in my opinion.

I will be a little surprised if he is an EDS signing, for me he is too good top play academy football now, he needs testing at senior level.

I'll be honest. I don't know the player. Nor did I knew Ünal or Faulapa. I wonder what I will be saying in 4 years time about these lads. They might win us the PL or better the CL. Or one is playing 2nd tier in Italy. One in France and one (Roberts) sold to a midtable PL-team, preferably Liverpool. Seriously ... Welcome Patrick Roberts. Hope you go all the way in a sky blue top. It's up to you laddy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.