Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

Mate where has the 40k plus 2k Premium seats come from? The website says 40k. Either way I think the ticketing strategy and pricing structure will have to be much more flexible this season to create demand for certain home matches
The OS states that over 2,000 premium seats were also sold. We are presuming that the 'also' means in addition to but could be read otherwise. i'll go for the brighter outlook myself.

The OS states that over 2,000 premium seats were also sold. We are presuming that the 'also' means in addition to but could be read otherwise. i'll go for the brighter outlook myself.

I think in the same sentence it discusses £299 tickets. So if we add them also we have probably sold about 50k season tickets. Happy days

I think in the same sentence it discusses £299 tickets. So if we add them also we have probably sold about 50k season tickets. Happy days
Should I just go ahead and presume that's a joke? Or have I just been clarkied? (or is that the same thing? It's late and I want to go home now)

"The Club has passed a ticketing milestone by reaching a sell-out 40,000 Seasoncards for the forthcoming season – a record.......In excess of 2,000 Premium Seats,(introduced for the first time this season alongside additional £299 SeasonCards) have also been sold."

I interpret that as 40,000 + 2000.

"The Club has passed a ticketing milestone by reaching a sell-out 40,000 Seasoncards for the forthcoming season – a record.......In excess of 2,000 Premium Seats,(introduced for the first time this season alongside additional £299 SeasonCards) have also been sold."

Well I really hope that is the case. That is a fantastic number. I do not understand why the club would not say '42k which includes 2k Premium Seats. Maybe the term season tickets is a unique term associated with the proles now rather than the aristocracy sat in the cushioned seats.

40 or 42000...whatever (though I would interpret that statement as 40K). It's all marketing bollocks to keep the profile high which is fair enough. What I don't like is the lack of any transparancy with the fans when it comes to ticketing issues. What happened to the poor bleeders on the waiting list who were scared into buying Premium Seats after being told that they might not get one from various texts/emails from the club? I would like them to give us, for example, exact numbers of bods on the various cup schemes from last season, so that you can make an informed decision on participating on the chance of getting a Cup Final ticket. I know that keeping this information secret probably helps commercially, but it does nothing with respect to fan engagement which I thought it was supposed to be about these days.

I read the statement as meaning 40,000 season tickets plus over 2,000 premium seats with an unknown amount of corporate sales, that weren't explicitly mentioned, on top.

It is ambiguous though and the cynic in me says that that's deliberate. The club gets it's headline "40,000 sold out, new record figure" circulated throughout the media but leaves people unsure as to how many match day tickets will be available whilst continuing to flog premium seats and corporate tickets on a seasonal basis. I think "bladdered" is spot on with this making commercial sense but it leaving the fans feeling less engaged. The club is doing so much right these days but we're starting to feel less and less part of it.

That is very sad.

Last edited:

I read it differently, 40,000 seasoncards, in excessof 2000 premium seats. To me theyre in the 40,0000

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.