De Bruyne?

In the club press conference (second OS) Ian Cheesman stated as a fact to Manuel that we have bid £50M for KDB. With his usual pokerface and response the manager did not take the bait and rightly so. Why was Cheeseman so forthright? Are Allofs and Wolfsburg still refuting any bid? Can our primary or secondary level ITKs shed any new light?

I don't. I was quoting them just to show some sites have varied ideas of what players are worth.

Transfermarkt is just a public website, anyone can register and give his valuation of players. It's not really professional. Premier League players are massively underrated. The simple reason for that is that Bayern fans are the huge majority in this forum and they can't accept truth that other players are worth more as their beloved players :) even if the values are just made up and no one in reality cares.

I don't. I was quoting them just to show some sites have varied ideas of what players are worth.

But you quoted one which values players at about half what they actually are worth (Aguero 42, Messi 80) and then used that to suggest KDB might actually be worth what they said he is.

Common sense would tell you that if they are that far off what a player would really go for, then either don't use the website for price comparisons or take it into account and say KDB is actually worth about £60m.

I think it's the word 'bid' which is being used by both City & Wolfsburg & the media which is muddying the waters here.

We are not 'bidding' we are negotiating. 'Have City put in a higher 'bid' than 47 mil ?' 'No' . I believe that's true.

'Have Wolfsburg received a 'bid' for DeBruyne ?' 'No official bids have been received' I believe that's true. We may have 'suggested' a package to Wolfsburg & they may be about to accept it or they may want a different package or say it won't be enough. We negotiate some more, suggest a different kind of add on, etc.When they agree it will be enough & they would be willing to accept it, we put it all in writing, THEN when they receive that, it becomes an official bid.

That may be the stage we are arriving at now. I think that's what happened with Sterling, but Liverpool kept blabbing details of negotiations as 'bids' but they are not bids, they are questions 'would you take 40 mil for him ?' When they eventually say 'yes' to a figure they would accept then we 'bid' that figure & we get him.

Imo, our first 'official bid ' will be our last one.

But you quoted one which values players at about half what they actually are worth (Aguero 42, Messi 80) and then used that to suggest KDB might actually be worth what they said he is.

Common sense would tell you that if they are that far off what a player would really go for, then either don't use the website for price comparisons or take it into account and say KDB is actually worth about £60m.
Exactly.

Just because I quoted it doesn't mean I think they're right. I could put another on here that values Sterling at 70 million. I was asking what people thought KDB was worth and challenging the notion that everyone has the same idea of valuation. Nothing more.

Anyway the thread has hopefully moved on from killing time and with Wolfies latest statement it sounds more positive.

In the club press conference (second OS) Ian Cheesman stated as a fact to Manuel that we have bid £50M for KDB. With his usual pokerface and response the manager did not take the bait and rightly so. Why was Cheeseman so forthright? Are Allofs and Wolfsburg still refuting any bid? Can our primary or secondary level ITKs shed any new light?

That was Cheesman attacking it another way and basically talking bollocks. If he knew it as fact he wouldn't need to ask. He's been in pellers presence long enough to know what answer he will get to a question about rumours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.