United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most rags I meet,always say they started supporting them when they were shit. My comeback is why didn't you build a 70,000 seat stadium at that time then ?
Oh, and I like united as much as I used to.

They refuse to believe City are the bigger draw for players who want to win trophies. It's just not in their comprehension. I've been called all sorts for suggesting that we are. They have called all our players mercenaries but when asked to explain why their wage bill is bigger they don't answer. They have a go at our transfer fees paid but if you explain we are buying players clubs don't need to sell and that they are buying players that their teams want to get rid of they can't take it. When they are getting snubbed it's because the management have changed their minds. Because "if they wanted a player he would be here".

They call city embarrassing for some reason but when pointing out there record signing refused to board a plane and forced a move out for a £15m loss after 12 months or that their player of the season wants out they just can't take it.

Any discussion with them ends up in them saying "can't sell out" "20 times" "forever in our shadow" and other such irrelevance.

They are becoming more and more like scousers of 20 years ago where they believe the history means more than the future. That players will always choose them over anyone else as a result. They cannot accept little city, who apparently no one knows our name are getting bigger and better each year, that the Sheik is putting down roots for a long time, that we are taking Europes best talents.

It's fucking brilliant to watch it.
Well observed post mate, as usual.

Quite simply their brains cannot compute what has happened in the last seven years. Tbf, there are still times when I can't quite believe it.

Well observed post mate, as usual.

Quite simply their brains cannot compute what has happened in the last seven years. Tbf, there are still times when I can't quite believe it.

They have a thread on the caf about club sizes, from giant clubs to small clubs. No prizes for guessing where we come. It's just another way of reassuring themselves that they are still the biggest draw and have the most fans and the best noodle partner. One poster did actually say that in ten years City will be a giant club. Most of them are saying Forest, Villa and Spurs are currently bigger than us.
It gladdens the heart to see threads like that on the caf, because it means they are still shite on the pitch or they'd be bragging about the actual football.

The beautiful context of their "Do you like United as much as you used to" is that it's on the heels of being humiliated in the transfer maker, which means that they only like United when they were the only English team who could buy up everyone else's top players and raid the youth academies. It's not fun now that they actually have competition and can't just do what they want. They talk about our empty seats, but they can barely handle slipping out of the top four without questioning their love for their team.. never mind slipping out of the top two divisions. Plastics.
This is very much the scenario we were discussing on these threads when the old drunk retired . We warned them of the potential meltdown and the consequences of this , but they wouldn't have it , things were going to continue seamlessly with wee Davy at the helm - onward and upwards .
But they didn't , and after one sacked boss , and now under the leadership of a barking Dutchman , things are becoming noticeably desperate - just like we said they would be.
This is a key moment for both the horrible club and its legions of plastics.
The whole essence and central plank of being a plastic is never having to consider the possibility of your chosen team ever NOT winning titles and trophies ,or being able to buy any player they want, you just want to drift along in an untroubled haze of complacency, smug in the belief that attaching yourself to the (currently) most successful club,will somehow refect on you as a successful and powerful human being.
What happens when that changes ? What happens when you have to concern yourself with the prospect of relative failure? What happens when you don't want to be bothered with such mundanities!
Simple really - you stop supporting that team , you stop buying this season's shirt to wear down the pub, you don't shell out for the merchandise any more - with the knock-on effects that this has on the club's revenues.
Just as success feeds on itself- so does failure.
Rags beware!

Wish I was back at school right now - with a gold mine of piss take at my fingertips. Gloating little bastards they were at school. I'd have a mini projector (not sure where from) and every time the teacher turned round Phil Jones in various facial expressions would be on the wall.

We'll draw against Everton and they'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.