Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

Not bad it could have been better but as I see it, if we play to out potential we will go far and the Rags may have an easy group but has anyone seen them play recently they are awful

People asking why Sevilla could only go in City's group...

When Sevilla were drawn there were 6 groups open but 4 already had Spanish teams in. That left groups D and G.

The five teams still to come were Lyon, Roma, Galatasaray and the two Ukrainian teams.
Lyon had to go in the blue groups (E-H) to be opposite PSG.
Roma also had to go in the blue groups (E-H) to be opposite Juventus.
And finally the two Ukraine teams has to be split one in A-D, the other in E-H.

So that meant group G was not available.

At least we've been drawn against different teams instead of Bayern and CSKA. We played Juventus in the UEFA Cup group stage a few years ago (when they drew all 6 games and went out) but you'd have to be nearly as old as me to remember playing Borussia Moenchengladbach and we've never played Sevilla in a competitive game before.

At least we've been drawn against different teams instead of Bayern and CSKA. We played Juventus in the UEFA Cup group stage a few years ago (when they drew all 6 games and went out) but you'd have to be nearly as old as me to remember playing Borussia Moenchengladbach and we've never played Sevilla in a competitive game before.
Nicky Reid's debut in the home leg IIRC.

Coulda been worse. Think Juve"s run last year was a bit of a fluke but nevertheless theyre no pushovers. Sevilla have arguably more genuine european pedigree. Lets be honest we'd take two uefa cups in two years i woyld. And bm. Well like cska we need to do em home qnd away and probably will but theyre a potential banana skin. Id say tqlent wise theyre on a par with the likes of spura or stoke. Once again no easy games but Roy Castle would tell you if you wanna be the best ...
The strongest leages in europe are
Spain
England
Germany
Italy .........
then im assuming france porugal ukraine holland etc
We have opponents from?
Tis startin to geel like a bit of a fix

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.