For those that go

In general, the views of the non match goers tend to be in line with the pundits/commentators because they listen to them for 90 minutes. Danny Mills tonight was incredibly negative and so it's not surprising that those who watched it on tele are more critical than those that didn't have to endure him. Same goes for most games most weeks with commentators generally picking holes even when we win.

I'm a season ticket holder but not in the CL cup scheme so watched the game on BT. I honestly block out the commentary so think I view the game better. I hear a bit of what they say but most goes in one ear and straight out the other ear. Being married 19yrs helps.

In car on the way back we all agreed Navas was MOTM.

Getting home, I watced the recording of the last 10 minutes or so of the match. First thing I heard was Darke saying "Navas has failed to impress". Just WTF. Not read other threads but the inference there was that Navas's performance might not have come over as good on TV as it did in the flesh. He was everywhere and TV fails to pick that up.

is there a difference in opinions between those that make the effort to go to matches and this that watch it on TV/t'internet
That's one of the most general questions i've seen asked all week.

In general, the views of the non match goers tend to be in line with the pundits/commentators because they listen to them for 90 minutes. Danny Mills tonight was incredibly negative and so it's not surprising that those who watched it on tele are more critical than those that didn't have to endure him. Same goes for most games most weeks with commentators generally picking holes even when we win.
How thick do you think people are? Do you really think that by a general rule people don't sit there and think "this commentator's talking shit?!" whether it's about their team or not. You must think society is full of complete dullards if you think they are so impressionable and lacking in rational thought that they'd just go along with what commentators and pundits say.

How thick do you think people are? Do you really think that by a general rule people don't sit there and think "this commentator's talking shit?!" whether it's about their team or not. You must think society is full of complete dullards if you think they are so impressionable and lacking in rational thought that they'd just go along with what commentators and pundits say.

People are, in general, thick, and society is indeed full of complete dullards.

Having to listen to the commentary of danny mills this match and robbie savage the last match anybody that takes them remotely serious need there heads testing....

That's harsh. For a person who has seen the whole game, maybe, but think about people just watching the last few minutes or who were only half watching, the commentators' views can leave a lasting impression of a player.

Season ticket holder but couldn't make the match last night. Watched it on BT and I have to say that Danny Mills was unbelievably negative about City. Focused purely on the weaker areas and made no mention of the good stuff. He kept going on about how poor a decision it was to leave Kompany on the bench etc. As if Pellers would not have him in the starting line-up if he was 100%.
Despite some of the comments on here I do believe that you can have your opinion swayed after spending a couple of hours listening to that kind of depressing commentary

I suspect we looked just as vulnerable at the back on the telly as we did from block 327.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.