For those that go

Went tonight, didn't think we were as bad as being made out on here when I caught up.

Not great and definitely need to improve but Sevilla are no mugs really.

I don't think we were bad at all compared to some of our games in this competition such as CSKA and Ajax. You have to take into account the quality of the opposition and they're a good side.

I watched it with French commentary, which I don't understand a word of, so that probably helped.

It's funny because when I'm at the game I always have one or two players in my head that played well but when I log on to bluemoon after the game it turns out they were the worst performers! Lol

Armchair experts abound on this forum , and they are definitely influenced by the bias pundits on the box , my advice to our armchair "fans" is to watch a game without commentary and dont listen to the pundits at half time / full time , dont listen to the bollocks on talkshite and then make your own conclusions on our performances. Sevilla should have won that game tonight and that was the general consensus of supporters around me in the South stand ,we got out of jail , but its about time we got the rub of the green in this corrupt competition.

I often think this is the case. My views on games generally tend to be shared by the people at the game, home games, the opinions tend to be similar amongst the people surrounding me and at away games, coming out of the ground and then voicing opinions on the coach journey home, they generally tend to be the same too. In the past, i've come on here after getting back and the general view seems to be different to my views. I was at the game tonight and thought we were crap and very fortunate to get 3 points, Sevilla were the better team and i wouldn't of argued if they had taken 3 points.

My thoughts exactly. Just like in Germany we were very lucky to win

I find people are more prone to agreeing amongst each other face to face.
Inside the stadium/in bars outside and so on fans (of all clubs) will nod in agreement for the sake of peace, and not to cause animosity.
Whereas Online it's much safer to voice an opinion and construct it thoroughly ending in a wider contrast of opinions.

Two guys will agree with each other every single day at work and in the pub at night but give them two random usernames
and a keyboard and put them on Twitter and they'll be threatening to murder each other.

It's hard having a full on debate about Footy whilst stood on the concourse with people singing and busy eating their pies (or smoking in the bogs)

I don't think we were bad at all compared to some of our games in this competition such as CSKA and Ajax. You have to take into account the quality of the opposition and they're a good side.
Well I went tonight, and I thought we were pretty poor, in fact one of our worst CL performances. I didn't think they were great either, better than us certainly, but I don't understand why we play such a different game in this competition, so slow, and why do we stand off so much ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.