Norwich post match thread

They suggested a free kick and yellow for a dive would have stopped play before the handball

That is so stupid, it's laughable. Are they saying a free kick to Norwich? Even if Fernandinho dived, you don't get a free kick for that - the game just continues.

Did GoS mention Fabiański being blatantly fouled twice during Arsenal's second goal that essentially killed the match?

3pts will do for me, not a bad performance, we have to give Norwich credit yesterday, they worked really hard. If Bony had his shooting boots on he could and probably should have had a first half hat trick. Good work by Sterling when he came on barring that strange choice to run wide when he and Navas were clear on the counter.

No bad performances for me yesterday, just the fixtures & injuries taking their toll. Draw in Seville will be a good result, nick a win at Villa next week then get the squad rested and refreshed during the inevitably dull international break.
I'm inclined to agree with this.
Norwich were coming in off the back of a hiding to Newcastle and a poor run generally. Any manager worth tuppence would set his side up not to concede and hope for a break at the other end.
They were unlucky in many respects.
Villa is going to be tricky for not entirely dissimilar reasons. Nothing worse than playing against a side trying to impress a new manager -especially when some are your ex players.
And yes, a result in Spain would do nicely.

That is so stupid, it's laughable. Are they saying a free kick to Norwich? Even if Fernandinho dived, you don't get a free kick for that - the game just continues.

Did GoS mention Fabiański being blatantly fouled twice during Arsenal's second goal that essentially killed the match?

I'm pretty sure a dive is deemed as unsporting behaviour and punishable by a free kick and yellow card. Having seen it back, I think we got the rub of the green for once.

I'm pretty sure a dive is deemed as unsporting behaviour and punishable by a free kick and yellow card. Having seen it back, I think we got the rub of the green for once.

It is deemed unsporting behaviour and ref can/should book you. But never heard of a free kick being awarded - the game just continues. From Wikipedia: "The game's rules now state that "Attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)", must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour which is misconduct punishable by a yellow card."

Nothing lucky there at all unless you have your red-tinted specs on. We were denied a good goal by a piece of Suarez-esque cheating. If Toure had missed the penalty, it would have been a travesty.

This was by no means a great performance, but it was good enough. Norwich nearly got a point but I don't think anyone can say they deserved a point. City were clearly the better side and were in control. Norwich's equaliser was fortuitous and owed a great deal to Joe's landing on a slippery patch of grass from a misjudgement of the flight of the cross: City's winner resulted from a mistake by Ruddy, who then clearly tripped Ferna before his skipper got a red for handling. Toure tucked home the spot kick. It cannot be said that Hart's blunder was earned but Ruddy'was not! There seems also to be some unease about the performance summed up by the "they'll have to play better than that in Seville" attitude. Indeed we will, but Saturday's game was actually against Norwich and had a completely different dynamic to the match in Seville: the game against Norwich promises neither victory or defeat tomorrow night because it is wholly irrelevant. City did what was necessary - just about!

I'm inclined to agree with this.
Norwich were coming in off the back of a hiding to Newcastle and a poor run generally. Any manager worth tuppence would set his side up not to concede and hope for a break at the other end.
They were unlucky in many respects.
Villa is going to be tricky for not entirely dissimilar reasons. Nothing worse than playing against a side trying to impress a new manager -especially when some are your ex players.
And yes, a result in Spain would do nicely.

Agree and we did slip up there a couple of seasons back. But if we are going to win the league we really must be getting 3 points from a game like this. The Tues-Sun time line helps a bit and I expect a win. Also important as the Red Dippers are next up at home and we don't want to go into that fixture having dropped points. Should we win,this would pile a bit of early pressure on the Gooners at home to Spuds. Bye the way it would be unwise to expect the customy Arsenal melt down in the New Year as many on here seem to be doing. I think the league will be won on about 84 points this year and lets hope we are at least 3-4 points ahead when Arsenal visit in May. Keep the faith

Not showing on mine either. I seem to recall the pre bet disclaimer saying it could take a few days before showing on your account, so I'm not unduly worried.

Why you'll never see a poor bookie. Be warned. Free bet at 5 to 1 for city to beat Norwich seemed too good to be true and so it transpired. Registered, put the £10 bet on, duly got £12.50 back in account for 1 to 4 return and then £48 in free bets. Despite joe trying to drop my winnings down the drain all ended well. Not a gambler so I thought I'd bet on a sure thing and take the money and run. Bet free bet £48 on Barcelona to win tonight at 14 to 1 on, just wanted the stake money back. Checked account after they duly romped home 3-0 and found only £15 and a few pennies in my soon to be closed account. It looks like free bet stake money disappears. If I'd known that would have had a proper free bet that would have paid handsomely like, oh I don't know, city to win away to Seville. Dare say it's in the small print, so in an entirely arbitrary not connected way I'd just like to say the words 'robbing bastards'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.