Norwich post match thread

Joe Oh Joe you almost cost us the points. Fortunately you put it out of your mind and made a crucial save a couple of minutes later.
Bony really needs heaps of shooting practice - with coolness the game could have been in the bag in the first half.
We really need Sergio back and in form by the need of November.

I know we got a penalty from it but does anyone know why the referee played a minute and half extra of injury time?
I felt it was harsh on Mangala to effectively be confirmed as Pellegrini's 3rd choice centre back over the last 3 games, but Otamendi's performance today has shown that whilst it is hard on Mangala, it's the right call. What a beast!
Two weeks on the run.
Will prove to be one of our best signings in the modern era.

I wasn't having a dig at De Bruyne, just trying to point out the justification for subbing Iheanacho off wasn't the best. But i do agree with that, De Bruyne does need a rest.
I know you weren't, but imo that is the reason for DeBruyne's recent below par performances. He's fucked. He digs deep to find a 2nd wind & pulls stuff out of the bag & that means he's a prime candidate for injury next.

The fact the the De Bruyne thread hasnt appeared says a lot, he's one of the untouchables now, can do no wrong, despite being amongst our worst players today, offering little and giving the ball away a lot, other players are getting slagged off a lot more.

This wasn't a dig at KDB just using it as an example as to the poor justification someone tried to make at the Nacho sub but ye KDB has been below par for the past few games, he does look fatigued so a rest will do him great. I've been guilty of what you're saying if I'm honest haha

Navas, Dinho Yaya are the only ones that had a half decent game today. Fernando when he came on was excellent too. The rest were fairly poor. Defence had very little to do so can't really be judged. Hart had an absolute mare with the goal but redeemed himself with a superb save late on. Takes some mental bottle to get on with things the way he did after such an awful mistake. Don't get the claims he should of punched it, i was right behind the goal, it was a routine catch, we'd all be going mental at him for punching that. Just one of those things. Just thankful it didn't cost us in the end. We can't smash 4/5 past every side so it's very pleasing that we won despite one of our poorer performances of the season. Hopefully Pellegrini won't risk playing 4-5-1 again as we are entirely predictable when we do. Thought it was a bit of an easy thing for him to do rather than actually make a bold decision and play Nacho ahead of Bony. All in all, disappointing performance but job done and we move on to Sevilla now.

Fuck me. You are a Manchester City defender leading 2-1 with 5 minutes left. A long hopeful ball to no-one is punted into your area. Do you:

a) get in the way of your team mate and end up panicking and hacking the ball needlessly out for a corner,
b) scuff it straight into your team mate's shins so it rebounds into the path of one of the opposition,
c) leave it to each other so one of the opposition nips in and nicks it,
d) attempt an utterly needless and suicidal pass to a team mate stood 2 yards away that he can't possibly hope to control
e) actually clear the fucking ball 60 yards to safety

If you answered a), b), c) or d), there's a fair chance Pellers will be on the blower next week offering you a trial. If you answered e), you are not Alex Kolarov, Bacary Sagna, Nicolas Otamendi or Vincent Kompany. It doesn't matter if we're brilliant or shit, the capacity of those bastards to take years off my life never changes.

Hats off to Ya Ya for a nerveless penalty, and hats off to Otters for the best salmon like bullet header since Mick McCarthy stuck it up the rag's arsehole circa 1986 at Maine Road, but other than that we made a right pig's ear of it. Still won though, which was crucial, and hopefully Silva and Kun will be back for the Dippers.

Oh, and a quick fuck off to that fat bastard Robert Madley. 5 minutes stoppage time for starters, and yet we were still playing at 96:05 when Sterling got upended. Anyone think we'd have still been playing a millisecond beyond that 5 minute mark if we'd been losing? Would we chuff. He added 4 against West Ham (and it should have been 10, such was the time wasting) when the shoe was on the other foot....!

Last edited:
Balmy to take off Nacho especially when Bony has just been cropped and has to play at Seville.

That fucking ref again 1 min injury time first half and 5 second.....bent or useless?

Didn't notice Yaya kicking off.

Oh and if you leave early fucking leave don't stand in front of people then kick off when your told to fucking shift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.