Norwich post match thread

We made really hard work of that! Norwich played, essentially, 5 at the back, as they had 3 centre halves and 2 wing backs, but put everyone behind the ball. They played a very high line when they could, obviously realising that with Sterling on the bench and Bony/Iheanacho up front we didn't have lightning pace to trouble them. Our play was all a bit pedestrian, lots of passes but limited attacking threat, and when we did threaten Bony's finishing was wayward. Great first goal for City and you really couldn't see Norwich getting back into it. Then Hart dropped an absolute bollock. I'm willing to cut him some slack as it's not a regular occurrence, but Christ he really made a proper hash of a not too difficult cross. Thankfully Ruddy returned the favour and we got the winner from the spot.

That today was one of those games we could have dropped points in, as we weren't at our best, but we got the 3 points which was vital. There were issues though, and certain things which we really don't want to be seeing. We were moving the ball too slowly, and it was taking us too long to get bodies into the box. Bony's performance was a concern, yes he was getting some chances, but his all around play wasn't what we need. It was reminiscent of Dzeko on one of his bad days. Pellegrini's decision to take off Iheanacho, rather than Bony, wasn't one I agreed with either. Yaya's reaction to being subbed off, given it was the 92nd minute, and we wanted to bring on a defender to shore things up, was totally unacceptable. The result is all important, not his ego, he really needs to stop being a spoilt woman at times. Shut up, accept the call, realise the situation in the game. If you're not happy then have a word post match.

Otamendi was excellent today, he's really starting to settle into English football, 100% commitment, really strong in the air, great tackler, good with the ball at his feet, and an excellent goal.

Hats off to Ya Ya for a nerveless penalty, and hats off to Otters for the best salmon like bullet header since Mick McCarthy stuck it up the rag's arsehole circa 1986 at Maine Road.

Well said Exeter Blue

Looks like Otomendi has bedded in nicely now, chipping in with goals and MOTM performances.
But for a wasteful Bony being too desperate to bulge the net, we would've been looking at another easy win, a win is a win,met can't all be wonderful!

I think the 35th minute tribute to Chris Shaw was really moving, very heartfelt and very, very sincere. One can only hope that it brought a pinprick of light into the desperately dark world in which his loved ones find themselves.

I find it funny how when Nico first came there were loads on here calling him shit and screaming what a waste of money he was... Haha. Wish those cunts would get off Wilfs back now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.