Norwich post match thread

He created more than De Bruybne whilst on the park.

Because DeBruyne is mentally & physically tired & shouldn't have been playing midweek. He was clearly fatigued v Sevilla & dug deep to save the game. Suffered v the rags, struggled initially v Palace & predictably had his worst game today.

We will be lucky if he doesn't pick up an injury in the next game.

I went to see a hysterically funny play in London the other week called 'The Play That Goes Wrong". As its name suggests it's a play where everything goes wrong.

Apart from the goalposts collapsing on Hart' s head, that could be described as "The Game That Goes Wrong".

Credit to Norwich, they were determined to keep a clean sheet if they could and they defended in a way I hadn't associated with them before. If Aguero had been available we'd have made mincemeat of their high line but Bony isn't that sort of player. Would have been better taking him off and putting Iheanacho on the shoulder of the last defender.

Bony also annoys me as he just doesn't attack the near or far post when we've got the ball in a promising position. He just hangs back on the edge of the box and a decent cross often goes begging.

I said during the game that our only chance was a set piece and so it proved, with a Watson-esque header from Otamendi. Then we seemed to be in control but Hart made a woeful misjudgement to let them back in. I'm in 109 and could see, when that ball was in the air, that he could be in trouble so was relieved when I though he'd caught it. But he really wasn't well positioned and couldn't hang on to it.

Fortunately we got back in it but lost our heads after that. The defence went to pieces, Bony should have squared it to Yaya instead of pissing about and WTF was Kolarov thinking?

Still, sometimes you have to scrape the points and that's 2 more ahead of the rags.

Wasn't there. Sounds to me like one of those games the league champions win.

Never dull with City is it ? Deserved to win it too. Decent enough performance from City. Yes Harty dropped a clanger (name a keeper who hasn't ?), Bony was wasteful in front of goal, De Bruyne was running on an empty tank and Kolarov's penalty was so wide it was untrue, but we did well to rescue the 3 points against a team who parked the bus for 95% of the game. We drew or lost these games last season. Otamendi looks a great buy and he's doing well to keep Mangala on the bench. Fantastic second half from him. Everyone else chipped in and we got over the line.

That had a very 'use as little energy as possible to get the result cos we've got the CL in a few days' feel to it IMO.

A pleasing 3 points, if not a pleasing performance.

As I said earlier in the season, Otamendi is world class. He is so old-skool and front-foot and can actually tackle. I fucking love him.

Because DeBruyne is mentally & physically tired & shouldn't have been playing midweek. He was clearly fatigued v Sevilla & dug deep to save the game. Suffered v the rags, struggled initially v Palace & predictably had his worst game today.

We will be lucky if he doesn't pick up an injury in the next game.

I wasn't having a dig at De Bruyne, just trying to point out the justification for subbing Iheanacho off wasn't the best. But i do agree with that, De Bruyne does need a rest.

happy kdb went off a bit early .... our injury list doesn't help that he always has to play

Only we could make closing a game out after going 2-1 up in the 89th minute look so fucking difficult. What were they doing?

We got the win thank fuck thanks to their keeper almost messing up as much has Hart.

Toure was good, Otamendi was good. The rest average to poor.

Kolorov was wank defensively as per usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.