A rational reason for creating life/having a child

I#'ll live this shit till I die.. I hate the fact I understood "life" after having kids.. (cuw the hypocrite finders... ) As if everyone knows the world at at 23...

Ealing as already answered this cos I went to bed, but yeah, rationalising the irrational is a fool's game that depressed minds get caught up in.
That said, since science has come along and invented the condom, you've had a choice to procreate or not. 23 is old enough for choices and you would have known this from 16ish.

Don't play that stupid game!

If you are vocalising this mind set on here, then it won't be long until it seeps out in front of your family (if they've not seen it already!).

I never understand this view.

If you're unhappy with your life, change it. Bet big. (Not in a William Hill type way).

Just shuffle the pack and go all in. What's the worst that can happen if you're already unhappy?

One of the rare times I've agreed with you.

And, quite honestly, I've said pretty much the same thing in the 'Suicidal Thoughts' thread.

This 'maze' that BT goes on about is a 'maze' constructed by the person living it. It's rather like Neo's lesson in the Oracle's parlour:

YOUNG MONK: “Do not try and bend the spoon—that’s impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.”
NEO: “What truth?”
YOUNG MONK: “There is no spoon.”

In greater context...

"When Neo visits the Oracle in The Matrix, he sees a young boy in the Oracle’s living room who is bending a spoon in mid-air. The boy, dressed as a Buddhist monk, bends the spoon just by looking at it. When Neo approaches him to learn the secret, the boy tells him that in order to bend the spoon, Neo must bend only his mind. In the Matrix, the spoon doesn’t exist—it’s just a code or a program that tells Neo’s brain that he’s looking at a spoon. Neo’s mind, on the other hand, does exist. What he sees before him is not a spoon, but rather an idea his brain has created of a spoon—his own perception. He can change reality by changing his perception."

That is the crux of it all.

You change swap what you need to get to where you want to go.

Think about it.

It's relatively simple i think, the desire to reproduce is a pre-requisite for life to exist. No reproduction, no life. We're here so we have to want to reproduce.

Is the right answer.
I'm not sure that nihilism check mates it in the way that the OP pre-supposes.
The world isn't only cruel and unfair it also has innumerable redeeming features. Not the least of which is the comfort of knowing that you can create an environment where your child(ren) will have a better chance in life than you had.

Is the right answer.
I'm not sure that nihilism check mates it in the way that the OP pre-supposes.
The world isn't only cruel and unfair it also has innumerable redeeming features. Not the least of which is the comfort of knowing that you can create an environment where your child(ren) will have a better chance in life than you had.

No. It's one of the answers.

Otherwise, if procreation is all we're fit for, why are we all just bears, lions or dogs...? 'Simplistic' is only in the animalism in our coded DNA.

There's not a simple answer to the question as there is no answer to it as a whole.

I wish people would stop acting as if it's all simple.

No. It's one of the answers.

Otherwise, if procreation is all we're fit for, why are we all just bears, lions or dogs...? 'Simplistic' is only in the animalism in our coded DNA.

There's not a simple answer to the question as there is no answer to it as a whole.

I wish people would stop acting as if it's all simple.
We are. You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals

Well, tomorrow is the due date of our first child and I'm surprised at how calm we are.

It took six years of love, tears, waiting, frustration, heartbreak and worry to get here. But here we are.

It's rather like Neo's lesson in the Oracle's parlour:

YOUNG MONK: “Do not try and bend the spoon—that’s impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.”
NEO: “What truth?”
YOUNG MONK: “There is no spoon.”

In greater context...

"When Neo visits the Oracle in The Matrix, he sees a young boy in the Oracle’s living room who is bending a spoon in mid-air. The boy, dressed as a Buddhist monk, bends the spoon just by looking at it. When Neo approaches him to learn the secret, the boy tells him that in order to bend the spoon, Neo must bend only his mind. In the Matrix, the spoon doesn’t exist—it’s just a code or a program that tells Neo’s brain that he’s looking at a spoon. Neo’s mind, on the other hand, does exist. What he sees before him is not a spoon, but rather an idea his brain has created of a spoon—his own perception. He can change reality by changing his perception."

That is the crux of it all.

You change swap what you need to get to where you want to go.

Think about it.

All I can think about is Monkey Spoons. I think this lesson is wasted on me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.