Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people please stop saying they would have Mancini back.

Never happening and it does nothing for the thread.
They can say it all they like, it obviously will never happen and they know that but they can still prefer it.

He's built this squad if it's not good enough then neither's he.

Liverpool weren't happy to tread water, they pulled the trigger and stole a march on other teams, more so Chelsea imo, by going after Klopp.
I don't know why you and chelsea fans seem convinced Klopp would have gone to you,it was reported before he got the job by a close friend of Klopp's that he would not go to a team with lots of money because it would against everything he does in football,he is a manager who likes to make player's into stars with development and not buy established stars,which is far from what you and chelsea do.

Liverpool was the perfect fit for him and that deal was done after he announced his sabbatical late last season,the only reason Rodger's was given the dreaded vote of confidence in summer was Klopp was adamant he wanted a break for a few months,soon as it went tit's up for rodger's this season,FSG pulled the trigger.

I hate it when managers Come out with the players are tired it's a poor excuse and it will make the players think they are tired! Too many bad days at the office for Pellegrini seeing he is off at the end of the season and he's already won the league looks like he going all out for the champs league.

Hard to disagree with you; although I am not at the point of worrying about the top four just yet.

I must say that if I had a big quibble with our buying of players, it is the light-weight mentality and physicality.

If we have got a commitment from Pep to come here next year, I would consider offering Hiddink a short term deal but I worry that he is now past his sell by date. The other aging option for such a role, I guess, is Capello. He's hardly what we want style wise but you would hope that he could organise our lot defensively and he has a proven ability to win titles with big teams.

I am at the point where I think pretty much anything's worth a try. We're almost the polar opposite of Liverpool under Klopp. They're a team far greater than the sum of its parts, we're one that's far far less. Maybe a fit Kun and a fit Kompany will help turn things around, but at the moment we're a team that's managed just 14 points from the last 10 games, we were outplayed for significant parts in at least 2 of the games we won, and we haven't scored an away goal in over 400 minutes. I just can't see us finishing above Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and even the rags or Leicester at the moment I'm afraid, and sadly I can only see it getting worse.

Last edited:
He'd be gone had we not managed to get through the CL group. But now it will all drag on, ffs.

Mancini back?

Fuck right off, theres a reason he doesn't manage us any more. Loved the guy but he comes with an expiration date.

And the "I'd sell any player that moans about him" shite that some are coming out with is the same shite that our noisy neighbours were saying about Van Gallardyce last season.

We need a TOP CLASS manager, not an injection of misplaced nostalgia.

Embarrassing post match interview.

Spends £200m, moans about lack of squad depth.
So who would you have played at central defence?

We might have spent hundreds of millions but we still have a squad of what 23 players or so and if 8 are injured and you're in 4 competitions then the point is easily made

Where he might be on difficult ground is the training. Yet another muscle injury today. Some people commented in the Summer about the pre-season and the tours we were doing and it's all coming back to us now. Might be part bad luck, but the Summer should all be about football training not jetting to Australia to play in some sponsors tournament

I don't know why you and chelsea fans seem convinced Klopp would have gone to you,it was reported before he got the job by a close friend of Klopp's that he would not go to a team with lots of money because it would against everything he does in football,he is a manager who likes to make player's into stars with development and not buy established stars,which is far from what you and chelsea do.

Liverpool was the perfect fit for him and that deal was done after he announced his sabbatical late last season,the only reason Rodger's was given the dreaded vote of confidence in summer was Klopp was adamant he wanted a break for a few months,soon as it went tit's up for rodger's this season,FSG pulled the trigger.
Where did I say that? The point was that they weren't happy to tread water with Rodgers unlike ourselves who have been doing so for years waiting for Pep to get off the shitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.