Upton Park memories

The game we got relegated. The scenes after the match were unreal. West ham fans shaking our hands and giving us an ovation outside as we walked to the tube
Been there loads, always enjoyed it, but agree that this was a special, surreal almost day. I thought the West Ham fans were coming over for a fight, and they started singing loyal supporters at us, and we only hate man united etc. Definitely our best ever relegation!

First visit - start of the 77/78 season, Joe Royle got a late winner and the coach had half its windows put through.

Other happy memories, Tony Cunningham sliding home the winner in a League Cup replay around 84-ish. More recently a superb Yaya strike under Mancini and those goals by Sergio and Silva in Pellegrini's title-winning season.

And who could forget alan ball bringing on Guiseppe Mazzarelli as an impact sub...

My first visit November 67 3-2 win,we also won the League that season 67/68.I remember Franny Lee scoring a scorcher 30 yards out,I was 15 at the time and the team travelled back to Manchester on the same train with us.Will be at Upton Pk on Saturday 49 year's after my first visit,happy days.
Went to that game myself. As you say, a cracker from Franny. Iirc, their keeper was called Ferguson, and was the most expensive keeper in the league. He just looked behind him as the ball hit the net and never moved.

On the way back, it was as foggy as hell, and we got home about 7 in the morning!

Went a few years back, the one where Bianchi and Bojinov scored. Really seemed like the start of something special.

Stayed at the hotel a few times which is basically one of the corporate boxes converted into a ròom . Nice view to wake up to.

Been there loads, always enjoyed it, but agree that this was a special, surreal almost day. I thought the West Ham fans were coming over for a fight, and they started singing loyal supporters at us, and we only hate man united etc. Definitely our best ever relegation!
From that point of view, but we were already pretty much dead and buried before kick off iirc, which meant it lacked the memorable drama of some of our other relegations.

From that point of view, but we were already pretty much dead and buried before kick off iirc, which meant it lacked the memorable drama of some of our other relegations.
Yes I think you are right Gdm, it was definitely not in our own hands (well at least I think so, I was always drunk in those days)

They really do hate The rags and spurs. Some of the songs they were churning out in the Boleyn pub before the 0-0 a few years ago would have had the Daily Mail headline writers working overtime.

Even at the end of season 1-1 game the other year they were a laugh. A group of em singing and taunting etc and one had a bit of a tan.

City fans came back with "One Dale Winton, there's only one Dale Winton"... His mates were pissing themselves at him. Even he was laughing in the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.