Muslim women must learn English

until we leave the EU of course then they will send our elderly and infirm back in droves - still at least they will be native English speakers ha ha

It could happen I suppose. More likely is they'd go elsewhere or learn enough of the language to pass the requirements.

Personally I don't think it's to much to expect people to learn the language of their host country (I'm not talking total fluency here but enough to get by). Anyway I'm not sure what all the fuss is as that requirement is already in place in the UK for non-EU people.

coz Dave nice but Dim is shitting himself over those to his right again so made it about Muslim women. The same Muslim women that they withdrew funding from for this in 2011 because they were only going to speak English as a second language. Fucking prick.

There shouldn't be funding for this. It should be the responsibility of the person who needs to learn.

It could happen I suppose. More likely is they'd go elsewhere or learn enough of the language to pass the requirements.

Personally I don't think it's to much to expect people to learn the language of their host country (I'm not talking total fluency here but enough to get by). Anyway I'm not sure what all the fuss is as that requirement is already in place in the UK for non-EU people.

they might not get that choice - I saw the documentary on Brits in Spain a short while back and there are elements of Spanish society and politics that see the elderly and infirm from other European country's the same way they get portrayed here - scroungers, benefits cheats and a drain on their health services. Its not a massive leap to say that if we voted to leave the EU they could then lobby to return "ours" back to the UK asap. Not a worry to us in North Yorkshire - they will get dumped in hospitals and homes along the South coast

they might not get that choice - I saw the documentary on Brits in Spain a short while back and there are elements of Spanish society and politics that see the elderly and infirm from other European country's the same way they get portrayed here - scroungers, benefits cheats and a drain on their health services. Its not a massive leap to say that if we voted to leave the EU they could then lobby to return "ours" back to the UK asap. Not a worry to us in North Yorkshire - they will get dumped in hospitals and homes along the South coast

More likely to head off elsewhere. Full of old expats in Thailand when I lived there.

I haven't read the thread, but anyway... Pardon my ignorance, but why would this be about religion as opposed to nationality or language spoken? Is Muslim a language now? Or a country? And does it apply to Sikhs, Hindus and Jehovah's Witnesses?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.