PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

Ticket prices are just stupid these days. We sit in joes (as a one off to try this season, in the same seats we have been in for years) so dread to think how much they are in there for this game.

My grandad isn't well so can't make the game tomorrow. Called city this morning and they want £50 to change it to an adult ticket. £50 fucking quid to upgrade on a ticket that has already probably cost about £80 for a one off game. They take the absolute piss

Right. Well Manchester City play in England (it's near Europe) and fans pay in the pound sterling so home game prices are generally reported in that currency rather than the Yen or Kenyan Shilling.

Hope that helps.
Tell him what £60 is in Dollars ;)

Friggin rip off

I don't believe I'm above it I'm just a realist is all.

The dippers are a special case. The whole city has a feeling of self entitlement and victimhood which ensures that those in power take pity on the supposedly downtrodden.

We agree about the City we want but I'm telling you man it's gone and charging £10 less for 1 game won't change a thing. So much about City is now geared towards sanitizing and gentrifying the "match day experience" (whatever the fuck that means) and a protest by a dwindling section of "real" supporters won't carry much sway with Khaldoon and his gang. For me they just wanna pay lip service to the concept of keeping the club in touch with the core fanbase while scheming in private to charge £10 for pie n chips etc.

Anyway we must agree to disagree. Good luck to any protest that happens, I'd love nothing more than a return to the old days.

No, mate, we agree. Everything is geared towards us being gentrified by bean counters who don't give a toss for the support, while paying us lip service trying to convince us they do in fact give a shit.

We just disagree on the key point that something can be done.

I think the general discontent has built up around the country to such an extent recently, and with this precedent City have set here, with the season ticket renewals still to be announced, it's come to a head. This is our opportunity to act.

You have to strike while the iron is hot.

I don't know if you still go anymore, but we cannot allow this to regression to continue any further, becuase there will come an absolute point where it is irreversible, that the harm done to our home support is irreparable.

You can't fall into defeatism.

The least we can do is be vocal in our discontent, the very fucking least. I fear that if we don't take this opportunity to protest then we'll have made our bed for the future.

Something can be done, and we can influence the direction we're headed. But we can't do it individually, we have to do it as a collective. We have to recognise the significance of this, to see that it isn't disloyalty to express this discontent - we've been shown disloyalty and treated with contempt by tossers like Soriano and Glick, they don't have our best interests at heart, and as such it's up to us to fight for them to recognise us. Or go all the away above them and appeal to Sheikh Mansour even

For all he knows everything is going swimmingly, the people he's employed are doing a great job and doing right by the supporters.

If he switches on the telly and sees the discontent we have with the likes of Soriano then he might have an epiphany, and intervene himself.

Who knows?

The worst thing we could do is just lie back and accept the state of play, meekly accept the marker that has been laid by Soriano here and recently. If that happens we'll regret it in the future.

And it's our generation of supporters who'll be resented for allowing it to happen. It doesn't have to go the way it is.

Ticket prices are just stupid these days. We sit in joes (as a one off to try this season, in the same seats we have been in for years) so dread to think how much they are in there for this game.

My grandad isn't well so can't make the game tomorrow. Called city this morning and they want £50 to change it to an adult ticket. £50 fucking quid to upgrade on a ticket that has already probably cost about £80 for a one off game. They take the absolute piss

I think that second paragraph answers your question in the first paragraph. On the site it says premium seats from £75 with the key word being "from"

I sat in padded seats but on the other side so no access to bars and I assume they are the £75 ones.

I follow the Sheikh on Twitter maybe if everyone politely tweets him he will realise how the fans feel about this issue?

Why target the West Bromwich game? Surely the protest MUST take place at the game which sparks said protest?

Biggest thing you can do is not buy the ticket !
Go online, take yourselves off the cup scheme before they take your money on Monday and make your point !!

You have to take a stand. Don't be a bunch of lily livered surrender monkeys ! I've done it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.