EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you mean is, some people don't think like you, and so they must be wrong.
You may like to factor in the possibility that some 'black boys' don't either.
I said that was a an unfair comment on the Eton Tory boys, though its true and if they do then they are.

yawn

small dick syndrome I suspect

that and a massive chip on his/her shoulder

yawn

small dick syndrome I suspect

that and a massive chip on his/her shoulder

You are right of course , if chips weren't there and schlongs were bigger there would be more on here bravely typing away and making keyboard calls for bringing back crucifictions and writing off thousands of teachers or even whole religions or nations and more often . But a few of us who due to our sex or size of appendage, just aren't brave enough to take on such worthy and powerful foes from behind our floral curtains.

My first post on this one so excuse me If I've missed similar points. The UK has a large trade deficit with the EU i.e. we bring in more than we ship out. Latest figures for the month show that we are £8.1bn apart. Coming out of the EU means a renegotiation of a trade deal when the UK clearly relies more on EU imports that it does exports. If tariffs came in to play then the best we could hope for is the same percentage on both directions - no way the EU would let us charge them for imports without a equal measure the other way, (especially when they currently get our exports without penalty). This would mean the UK paying MORE for it's imports than it would receive in tariffs for it's exports.
You've got that totally the wrong way around.

Apparently they're going to charge us more to buy their stuff. I don't think there's many economists posting on here. :-)
It would certainly be an interesting tactic.

The funny thing is the poster apologising if others had posted similar before in over 100 pages when he's actually done pretty well to come up with an original idea/point.

It would certainly be an interesting tactic.

The funny thing is the poster apologising if others had posted similar before in over 100 pages when he's actually done pretty well to come up with an original idea/point.
We're the EUs most important customer, certainly in the case of France and Germany. We are a relatively rich, geographically close economy, who are paying full whack for their expensive luxury goods, (eg cars and champagne). This makes it extremely important for them that they don't piss us off, and economic suicide for them to engage in some sort of trade war with us. Tariffs hurt them in two ways, because they risk alienating a really important market (will the British people continue to buy their stuff if they are seen as responding vindictively to a democratic vote) and their goods become more expensive than their competition. French farmers and German car manufacturers would be in open revolt if this was even suggested, and the Eurozone would be plunged into an even deeper crisis. It aint happening.

We're the EUs most important customer, certainly in the case of France and Germany. We are a relatively rich, geographically close economy, who are paying full whack for their expensive luxury goods, (eg cars and champagne). This makes it extremely important for them that they don't piss us off, and economic suicide for them to engage in some sort of trade war with us. Tariffs hurt them in two ways, because they risk alienating a really important market (will the British people continue to buy their stuff if they are seen as responding vindictively to a democratic vote) and their goods become more expensive than their competition. French farmers and German car manufacturers would be in open revolt if this was even suggested, and the Eurozone would be plunged into an even deeper crisis. It aint happening.
Oh I know that 100%. I was just smiling that he thought someone else would have gotten it back to front before him.

The trouble I see with the outers is they assume that divorce is rational and that both parties act in the overall self interest. It is in a sense logical but the entire history of the globe shows that the best overall outcome is nearly never pursued or achieved. What will make this so different to everything history has taught us?

I'm not seeing how we would be ever be in the drivers seat in a renegotiation to be honest. We currently trade with the EU under the most favourable terms possible (free). I don't see any scenario where us leaving would allow us to get a better deal,

It seems that there are still people who think we get cheaper goods under the EU when nothing could be further from the true, we pay MORE for goods than we would on the world market, that does mean we also get more for what we sell there, but thats only 9% of our exports as opposed to the 91% we sell to the rest of the world. Yet we hamper that 91% because of the rules and regulations applied across the board on industry just to sell that 9% rather than target them to meet the requirements of the destinations as they do in the rest of the world.

Besides what we sell to the EU currently now there will be an immediate bonus to our exit with a virtually waiting market because one thing that has not come up is the return of our fishing grounds, I can only assume its an age thing on here to remember just how big our fishing industry was and can be again, this on its own means thousands of jobs with associated services (Fishermen,boat builders, engineers, dockers, process workers, packers, net makers etc ) and the corresponding increase in exports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.