Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knew Sevilla would win, they're a different animal in this competition. Klopp has to take some blame, his tactics were shocking, and he lacks any clear ideas how to change a game.

He relies on passion, which takes you so far.

First of all, Klopp has now lost 5 out of his 6 finals as a manager. That's a poor record, he's certainly no Mourinho when it comes to finals.

Klopp watched Moreno have an absolute shocker and cost them the game in the League Cup Final, yet starts him in the Europa League Final? That's poor management, you have to be ruthless with players who aren't good enough.

I think Klopp is a good manager, but he's not a top manager and there's a lot better than him out there. Not the saviour Liverpool fans think he is.

I don't agree. I think he is a top manager. rather have Pep of course but he buries MP.

He is a top manager, but appears to have a fault-line when it comes to major finals. I'm sure he'll crack it soon, but the competition is getting mighty now.

No mention this morning on the BBC or Sky about Liverpool fans attacking Sevilla fans so despite the footage posted on here it clearly didn't happen.

I don't agree. I think he is a top manager. rather have Pep of course but he buries MP.
He's finished lower and with less points in the PL than Liverpool did in any season under Brendan Rodgers.

Listening to the Times podcast this morning and they kept saying Martinez was "a good manager". I was shouting at the radio "No he isn't. What's he done to show he's a good manager?"

While Klopp is better than Martinez, he's still got a lot to prove before we can say he's a top manager.

He's finished lower and with less points in the PL than Liverpool did in any season under Brendan Rodgers.

Listening to the Times podcast this morning and they kept saying Martinez was "a good manager". I was shouting at the radio "No he isn't. What's he done to show he's a good manager?"

While Klopp is better than Martinez, he's still got a lot to prove before we can say he's a top manager.
Probably be fair to judge Klopp this time next year, but is going to have his work cut out. Not only does he need to rebuild that liverpool side, he has to do it in a league thats probably going to be one of the most competitive ever next season. Liverpool fans saying they are going to have a real run at the title next season are being very niaive i think. Top 4 should be their target.

For me, it's difficult to evaluate Klopp at Liverpool this season or even Rodgers last season and this. Looking at all the current squads on paper where do people think Liverpool's squad stands in the Prem, what should be their par position in terms of the players they have? They nearly won the league because they had Suarez (plus Sterling and Sturridge fit and in form) but once you take Suarez out they look like also rans on paper, take Sterling out and Sturridge's injury problems on top of Suarez leaving and they really do look a mid table squad to me, in a Prem where quite a few teams have bought well, have good managers and have become far more competitive. I think Klopp is a genuinely top manager but he's got one hell of a job on there IMO, I think he will make them top 4 contenders though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.