Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no fault line with major finals. He's been playing better teams, pure and simple.
The likes of Mourinho have been with some of the best teams around, although the Milan CL win was exceptional.

I think he's great manager, and only been at Liverpool for 6 months. He'll improve them dramatically. Not sure it will be enough to win leagues though - but that's because they've lost a lot of pulling power and are down the pecking order these days, not because he's a poor manager.

If you can cope with the all out pressing in the first half, klopps tactics fall to bits.

Nailed it.

Its football at a million miles an hour, that's it. Nothing ground breaking and nothing that will bring him long term success either.

Kagawa and Carrick linked with them

Bet the rags are pissing themselves.

There's no fault line with major finals. He's been playing better teams, pure and simple.
The likes of Mourinho have been with some of the best teams around, although the Milan CL win was exceptional.

I think he's great manager, and only been at Liverpool for 6 months. He'll improve them dramatically. Not sure it will be enough to win leagues though - but that's because they've lost a lot of pulling power and are down the pecking order these days, not because he's a poor manager.
Any comparison to Mourinho is unfair anyway IMO. I know Mourinho is not liked generally and has had a relatively bad time recently but it is easy to forget that he has genuinely been a genius in terms modern day football management. Not being as good as him doesn't necessarily mean you aren't a top class manager.

Sevilla are not a great team. Furthermore Liverpool's 2nd half performance was an absolute shocker. I don't think I have seen a more one sided half of football in a final. The obvious explanation is that Liverpool were shell-shocked from the equaliser and couldn't handle it.

I am not sure about Klopp. The only way they seem to be effective is by playing football at 1 million mph and you can't do that all the time. The only change I have seen him make at Liverpool is to the intensity in their football.

Any comparison to Mourinho is unfair anyway IMO. I know Mourinho is not liked generally and has had a relatively bad time recently but it is easy to forget that he has genuinely been a genius in terms modern day football management. Not being as good as him doesn't necessarily mean you aren't a top class manager.
Relatively bad time? What happened at Chelsea was absolute melt-down.

May 2012 – German Cup - Dortmund 5-2 Bayern
May 2013 – Champions League – Dortmund 1-2 Bayern
May 2014 – German Cup – Dortmund 0-2 Bayern
May 2015 – German Cup – Dortmund 1-3 Wolfsburg
Feb 2016 – Capital One Cup – Liverpool 1-1 City (City won 3-1 on penalties)
May 2016 – Europa League – Liverpool 1-3 Sevilla

Losing 5 finals out of 6 doesn’t sound great but he’s arguably been the underdog in every single one of those games. People are reading far too much into that one statistic in my opinion. Klopp’s done very well to get Liverpool into two finals having taken over midway through the season. Yes, their league form has been inconsistent at best but he’s trying to implement new tactics with players that aren’t necessarily ready for or suited to them and his best striker has been injured for the majority of the season.

I’m sure he’ll improve their squad over the summer and given their lack of European football, they should at least challenge for top 4 next season, if not more.

Last edited:
Relatively bad time? What happened at Chelsea was absolute melt-down.

I was talking about his time at Real too TBH. His last couple of jobs haven't gone anywhere near as well as expected, he won the title at Real, he won a title at Chelsea a year ago but by his standards it has been poor. But still I think people comparing Klopp's managerial record to Mourinho's who has won titles everywhere he has gone, wins most finals he gets to and won champions leagues with two teams that you would have never thought could win it is harsh. It doesn't mean Klopp isn't a very good manager.

May 2012 – German Cup - Dortmund 5-2 Bayern
May 2013 – Champions League – Dortmund 1-2 Bayern
May 2014 – German Cup – Dortmund 0-2 Bayern
May 2015 – German Cup – Dortmund 1-3 Werder Bremen
Feb 2016 – Capital One Cup – Liverpool 1-1 City (City won 3-1 on penalties)
May 2016 – Europa League – Liverpool 1-3 Sevilla

Losing 5 finals out of 6 doesn’t sound great but he’s arguably been the underdog in every single one of those games. People are reading far too much into that one statistic in my opinion. Klopp’s done very well to get Liverpool into two finals having taken over midway through the season. Yes, their league form has been inconsistent at best but he’s trying to implement new tactics with players that aren’t necessarily ready for or suited to them and his best striker has been injured for the majority of the season.

I’m sure he’ll improve their squad over the summer and given their lack of European football, they should at least challenge for top 4 next season, if not more.
First 3 yeah but not the last 3 imo.

I was talking about his time at Real too TBH. His last couple of jobs haven't gone anywhere near as well as expected, he won the title at Real, he won a title at Chelsea a year ago but by his standards it has been poor. But still I think people comparing Klopp's managerial record to Mourinho's who has won titles everywhere he has gone, wins most finals he gets to and won champions leagues with two teams that you would have never thought could win it is harsh. It doesn't mean Klopp isn't a very good manager.
He seems to manage by force of personality, but whether there's any substance next season will tell. The honeymoon is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.