The Stone Roses/Ian Brown

The thing with the roses is that's its like following a football team with them. It's not about standing there open mouthed with your cock out at the lead singer putting on a great cabaret show a la Chris Martin. The roses have this certain mystique about them and I'm talking personally here that when I went to see them at Heaton park it was purely to witness these four guys together sharing the stage after years of mud slinging and sniping, just seeing them together was amazing. The show itself was great and they seemed really tight after years apart but the roses for me are purely the joy and upliftment that they give me and not about the singer being a Jack in the box for 90mins and entertaining the crowd.
These shows are a testament to what I said. 60,000 people every night for four nights to see a band that haven't released and album in 22 years. Not bad when the lead singer gets slated for being shite.

Fair play to Ian Brown though, to steal a living as a musician with absolute no vocal talent whatsoever, he's lucky studio's have the technology to make anyone sound good. The fact he can actually write good lyrics is also a saving factor.

The thing with the roses is that's its like following a football team with them. It's not about standing there open mouthed with your cock out at the lead singer putting on a great cabaret show a la Chris Martin. The roses have this certain mystique about them and I'm talking personally here that when I went to see them at Heaton park it was purely to witness these four guys together sharing the stage after years of mud slinging and sniping, just seeing them together was amazing. The show itself was great and they seemed really tight after years apart but the roses for me are purely the joy and upliftment that they give me and not about the singer being a Jack in the box for 90mins and entertaining the crowd.
These shows are a testament to what I said. 60,000 people every night for four nights to see a band that haven't released and album in 22 years. Not bad when the lead singer gets slated for being shite.

Each to their own and everyone is entitled to their own opinion mate but I can assure you the crowd don't sit or stand there open-mouthed at a Coldplay gig. The place has invariably been jumping, regardless of where I've seen them - be it Manchester, London, or Madrid. The demographic is of course very different to a Roses gig with far fewer lads "avin' it large" but the fans are still bouncing around all the same.
I don't expect Brown to be note perfect but I do expect him to sound at least something like he does on their records as I would with any singer, otherwise it drives you to distraction and that's something that plenty of Roses fans are able to acknowledge. Seriously, why should Brown get a free pass for being so poor when singing live while nobody else gets that same kind of leeway?

Fair play to Ian Brown though, to steal a living as a musician with absolute no vocal talent whatsoever, he's lucky studio's have the technology to make anyone sound good. The fact he can actually write good lyrics is also a saving factor.
There is an argument that he's over-achieving, given the level of actual ability he has. That being the case, as you rightly say, fair play to him. I wish I had the same amount in my bank account that he more than likely has.

Putting a few quid into our club so happy with that the rag helped build the north stand song in that somewhere..
I went Wednesday night and enjoyed it..

The Coldplay gig was better though...

Look like a few old rag bellends to me. Luckiest men alive to have stolen this living.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.