EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be wise but it involves a crystal ball. The truth is that nobody can say with any certainty what will happen should we leave the EU.

I would recommend to everyone watching this video if they have not already done so

Some straight talking fro Professor Michael Dougan.

Got to ten minutes... He's a professor of EU studies or something like that and analyses the relationship between the EU and the U.K. and he wants to remain. No suprise there.

He talks about getting things agreed by international mutual agreement. This means Everything is vanilla and diluted does it not?

Then he talks about the big three, the U.K. France and Germany, nothing happens in the EU without the big three agreeing to it.... Really? We don't even get to discuss the huge decisions that involve the Euro upon which the whole EU strategy and decisions are made.

If we leave he will be not required and unnecessary. Far too much self preservation going on here. Maybe it got better in the last 14 minutes but I'm afraid it was so biased it wasn't worth listening to IMO. An example of this was when he went in to describe "facts" from research by the EU into how the EU works with its member states, all came out positive. which would fill a whole library shlef... How big was that shelf? Daft comment for a professor.

Sorry needed to be much more objective for me. I would say the same if anyone from the leave side was audacious enough T to do the same.

The EU will quite rightly make an example of the UK.
"Quite rightly"!

FFS and you suggest I am not sensible. The UK should quite rightly be made an example of if we exercise our democratic right to exit!!

I'm not here to tell anyone how to vote. I've said previously that I would rather not have to make a choice on this and I will keep an open mind right until Thursday. However, I am damn sure that we as a nation have every right to choose what we do and any other nation, person or organisation that does not respect that right will not be quite right.

I've never said the Brexit campaign was balanced.

I've said it would be better if the debate in here was.

As a matter of interest, in which direction on here do you think it is unbalanced? (I've left the thread for days at a time, despairing at the overwhelming stink of Brexit bigotry).

its a shame we don't have a like button similar to facebook on these forums, just to show agreement or disagreement with peoples comments, maybe cut out some of the slagging or blue on blue vitriolism

Got to ten minutes... He's a professor of EU studies or something like that and analyses the relationship between the EU and the U.K. and he wants to remain. No suprise there.

He talks about getting things agreed by international mutual agreement. This means Everything is vanilla and diluted does it not?

Then he talks about the big three, the U.K. France and Germany, nothing happens in the EU without the big three agreeing to it.... Really? We don't even get to discuss the huge decisions that involve the Euro upon which the whole EU strategy and decisions are made.

If we leave he will be not required and unnecessary. Far too much self preservation going on here. Maybe it got better in the last 14 minutes but I'm afraid it was so biased it wasn't worth listening to IMO. An example of this was when he went in to describe "facts" from research by the EU into how the EU works with its member states, all came out positive. which would fill a whole library shlef... How big was that shelf? Daft comment for a professor.

Sorry needed to be much more objective for me. I would say the same if anyone from the leave side was audacious enough T to do the same.
Watch what happens to the pound if we vote leave.

Kinnock, Major, Brown, Miliband, Blair and Cameron. The remain camp are a roll-call of defeat and deceit. Vote Leave.

You make a sound point on some of the names mentioned though being defeated is nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion. Consistently lying to the British people is something that the Leave campaign have been and are doing consistently.

They have been caught doing it, called on it and continue to lie. They have no shame, they only care about getting the result they want.

"Quite rightly"!

FFS and you suggest I am not sensible. The UK should quite rightly be made an example of if we exercise our democratic right to exit!!

I'm not here to tell anyone how to vote. I've said previously that I would rather not have to make a choice on this and I will keep an open mind right until Thursday. However, I am damn sure that we as a nation have every right to choose what we do and any other nation, person or organisation that does not respect that right will not be quite right.

Quite right, it's a vote to leave a political union, not the geographical continent of Europe. I think people have forgotten that....

As a matter of interest, in which direction on here do you think it is unbalanced? (I've left the thread for days at a time, despairing at the overwhelming stink of Brexit bigotry).
I'm on my phone so can't easily quote multiple posts using the search facility. But feel free to put Pam in the user and read all of her posts on the thread in the last few days.

There are plenty of good arguments in both camps and I think that, on balance, Remain is the right choice at the particular moment and with the current economic climate.

What I would not do is label each and every voter on either side as being a moron, idiot or little Englander bigot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.