Brian Cox

went to see his band 'Dare' at the Queen Elizabeth Hall Oldham sometime around 1987, I remember the lead singer had been in thin lizzy don't remember anything about Mr Cox,
I quite like him in his professor guise not so much in his musician one.

Darren Wharton was Lizzy's keyboard player for their final few years ... co-wrote one of their best latter day songs, The Sun Goes Down.

Lynott was put onto him when he was playing keys in Tropicana nightclub by night, and demoing pianos etc in Swans on Oldham St by day .... Good Failsworth lad, who we knew from his days of backing the 'turns' at Christ The King Catholic Club, Newton Heath with a drummer mate of ours ...
Dare going again now, new album just released, with original Chaddy lad, Vinnie Burns on guitar .... don't think Cox is back though ... ;-)

Earliest gigs I recall for Dare were at Maple Leaf Squash Club in Chadderton.

dare_zps17j41hcs.jpg

Cox far right ...

Physics needs chaps like him to relate stuff to youngsters, the next theoretical physicists etc. My father thinks he 'should be in the bloody lab'.

I think Sean Pertwee is the best narrator for cosmology shows though.

He lived across the road from me in chadder ton growing up. . He was definitely different to the rest of us Yonners....

As for his swearing who gives a fook about that.

He is sometimes on radio 6 Shaun Keavneys morning show, he is good on that.

Maple leaf squash club, love it.

Darren Wharton was Lizzy's keyboard player for their final few years ... co-wrote one of their best latter day songs, The Sun Goes Down.

Lynott was put onto him when he was playing keys in Tropicana nightclub by night, and demoing pianos etc in Swans on Oldham St by day .... Good Failsworth lad, who we knew from his days of backing the 'turns' at Christ The King Catholic Club, Newton Heath with a drummer mate of ours ...
Dare going again now, new album just released, with original Chaddy lad, Vinnie Burns on guitar .... don't think Cox is back though ... ;-)

dare_zps17j41hcs.jpg

Cox far right ...

The squash club or the Blue Bell next door?

The Sunday afternoon transvestite karaoke host in there was brilliant (or I was pissed)

dare_zps17j41hcs.jpg

Cox far right ...

You may remember Jimmy frizzell lived across the road from maple leaf....

I can handle him on radio. His wistful stares off into the middle distance whilst he explains something massive does my fucking fruit in.

He came up with the piano in this

He played Your Silent Face with New Order recently

Because of this, he's alright with me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.