Aguero banned for three games (updated)

It might be, yes. From what I can recall, it started with a staged murder in a pub and then followed the whole process of gathering and testing the eye-witness testimonies of the participants. In one part they were shown photo-fits of suspects from which they had to identify the murderer, and it turned out that the pictures were made up from parts of their own faces! In another one, they witnessed a staged robbery of a security van and had special cameras mounted on their heads that tracked their eye movements. A lot of the participants claimed not to have seen certain things, despite the camera tracking showing that their eyes were often looking right at these things - proof that we can stare right at something but fail to 'see' it or remember it.

EDIT: Seems we'r thinking of the same thing - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s6qdj

That was a brilliant programme. Thanks for finding it as well worth another viewing.

I think as long as Sterling doesn't change his position from Right to left we will be fine.

It's not the ban I'm bothered about, he elbowed the guy or attempted to - so no argument there. It's the circus and lies surrounding it that annoys. There's no way the ref didn't see it, no way at all. So he's lying. The FA statement is bullshit as well 'off the ball incidents that are missed by the officials'. It wasn't off the ball and ref is clearly looking at it.
That stinks and makes me wonder about the integrity of the FA and its officials. The rags, by comparison have certain players who use the elbow on an almost weekly basis and invariably goes unpunished.

I'm not defending the ref's blindness here but in fairness to him, 4 or 5 different angles are needed in slow-mo to really see that in fact Kun barely nicks him.

Was such a quick movement and unlike him.

Ref may have seen something but maybe wasn't sure what to do. Do I walk over there and hand Kun Aguero a red at the Etihad? mmmm

Not many saying it's not worthy of a ban though. What we're complaining about is how opaque the process is and how the media seem to set the agenda,meaning it's open to manipulation.

Media highlights Aguero's elbow and there's a charge. Media don't highlight Lamela's attempted eye-gouge and no charge.

IF the ref says he didn't see that incident, then that calls into being whether he is fit enough to do the job at all. In my humble opinion he should do the decent think and retire. After all being no more than 2 yds from the incident and saying I didn't see it means that you are totally blind or totally stupid.

I'm not defending the ref's blindness here but in fairness to him, 4 or 5 different angles are needed in slow-mo to really see that in fact Kun barely nicks him.

Was such a quick movement and unlike him.

Ref may have seen something but maybe wasn't sure what to do. Do I walk over there and hand Kun Aguero a red at the Etihad? mmmm

Based on the rules in place retrospective action can only be applied if the referee didn't see the incident, not when he saw the incident, but wasn't sure what to do! That's a dangerous road to go down, how many incidents will result in the ref bottling the decision at the time if he knows he can watch 15 camera angles in the comfort of his own home later and make his decision then instead? If he sees it but does nothing at the time then that's supposed to be the end of the matter.

What should have happened is Marriner should have sent Aguero off at the time, and then he'd have a 3 match ban. This bullshit get out clause they've used to pretend a man stood less than 10 yards from an incident and looking straight at it wasn't actually able to see it is farcical and calls into question the entire process. Or more accurately should call the whole process into question, clearly what will actually happen is fuck all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.