Liverpool - post match thread.

Excellent post and a realistic assessment of our current predicament.

Its something that we can rectify and its not going to take as long as some might think.

Given our poor recruitment in recent transfer markets by and large we were always going to bottom out.

Gone are the days of one or two clubs dominating the premier league.

While Chelsea might well win it this season , next season they may well finish outside the top four.

Crap game no quality from either side , the Chavs will not be concerned about us or the Dippers we have zero creativity at the moment which is sad when you think we have players like KDB , Silva , Toure , Sterling starting every week . The defence was OK apart from clown Kolarov gifted them a free header , when will pep see through this guy he plainly isnt good enough and to be fair he never has been.
There will be a few twists and turns over the next month , Chavs have to visit Spuds & Dippers and we have some winnable games coming up , so i do not agree with the doom and gloom brigade on here and we are still in this title race . Hopefully Gabriel will hit the ground running because we need fresh impetus up front , and would like us to sign Isco from Real class player to cover for Dungodans's absence , we bossed the 2nd half today and we didnt create one decent chance Pep has to sort this out and quickly .

There is a definite mentality issue at the club, and you can see that this is being addressed. Players like nasri and hart were probably seen as bad influences, which could have been a factor in them leaving. Mangala and bony also quite weak mentally. As slapstick as kolarov is, he is a leader. He may seem lazy, but in reality he is just slow. He will be gone in the summer. Otamendi is slightly better, but still, not great. Kdb shows potential of being a fihter, but is too inconsistent in the big games right now. Same with sterling. Silva and aguero have never been leaders. Yaya is but is also casual (lazy) and past it. If vinny was fit, this team would be doing much better. Short of buying 15 first teamers, not sure what more could be done? Pep did say the aim was top 4, but after a great start, we all got carried away. This league is and will be the most competitive for a long time. We are not out of the title race yet, but we do need a miracle now. Keep calm, and lets go for the fa cup. CTID

Well said!
Not sure of the stats but top of my head we have won 2 games against top 6 united, aresenal, lost 3 Chelsea, Liverpool and spurs, I think most of the other top 6 (us included obviously) have a similar record, so there it is probably against lower teams in table where we and others except Chelsea are slipping up, only half way through season, pep 5 months and champions league, 10 points adrift of 1st, not sure how far Chelsea were after first 10 games behind, but Chelsea winning games boringly as you do when pundits say that's how you win the league, I would rather see us playing (In general)as we are than park the bus to win 1-0, pep will get it right we just have to be patient

Chelsea winning games boringly as you do when pundits say that's how you win the league, I would rather see us playing (In general)as we are than park the bus to win 1-0, pep will get it right we just have to be patient

Just the four goals for Chelsea today, another three points and a joint record ever number of wins on the bounce. We wouldn't want any of that.

Its something that we can rectify and its not going to take as long as some might think.

Given our poor recruitment in recent transfer markets by and large we were always going to bottom out.

Gone are the days of one or two clubs dominating the premier league.

While Chelsea might well win it this season , next season they may well finish outside the top four.

So what makes you think we will be top four next season?

Just the four goals for Chelsea today, another three points and a joint record ever number of wins on the bounce. We wouldn't want any of that.
Yes correct, not seen match of the day but correct me please they were apparently very lucky to win, and last 3/4 games won 1-0

Lucky, lucky, lucky. He had no right to do that after only one transfer window. You can't judge a manager until he's spent £500m over three windows, plus fcuk knows how much more on palliatives for displaced players for whom others would bite your hand off.

Yes but that buys the apologists another year. So 2018/19 before we mount more than a feeble challenge.

A few months ago everyone was saying Luiz and Cahill were utter turds. Now they are gold dust and Conte walked into a sinecure.
You're living up to your username
It's not about today but tomorrow
Wait and see

So what makes you think we will be top four next season?

Confidence that eventually will get our set up the way it needs to be , bringing in the best of the academy into the first team ( that takes time ) and get much better at bringing in the right players.

I am not saying we will be top four next season , I hope we will be challenging for the title but what I am saying is that more teams will be have a better chance of competing for the title and its more likely to change from season to season.

Awful first half today. We were much better in the second half, but still lacked a cutting edge. Too many players were off it - Aguero, De Bruyne and Fernandinho, amongst others, had bad days. The less said about Kolarov and, to a lesser extent, Otamendi the better.

Guardiola can do many things as a coach, but instilling a bit of heart and fight into some of them seems a step too far. This was essentially still Pellegrini's team, with the addition of Stones and Bravo, and we fell short again. Big changes are required in the summer. Fortunately the contract situations of many players mean it will, or at least should, happen.

Think we'll see as many as eight players replaced next summer - Caballero, Clichy, Sagna, Zabaleta, Toure, Delph, Navas and possibly Kompany.

This was always going to be a transitional season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.