Liverpool - post match thread.

Not his fault at all tonight but he doesn't do any more than Joe could do that's for sure.

A world class keeper would have at least got close to that header. Also he's resorted to kicking it long. Ball playing is the only reason we bought him. I think Bravo has realised quickly that he cannot play football with our crap defenders. So JH could quite comfortably do what Bravo is now doing

Ultimately played in to their hands. The harried us on the ball but ultimately let us have it knowing they'd get chances on the break.

I'm sure people on bluemoon get that wound up they just spout any old cliché out.
we dominated possession
we aloud 1 shot on target
imo the only thing wrong was silva or kdb on the wing.
kolarov didn't defend badly at all, see the first fact.

It's only December boys and girls, got the second half of the season to look forward to. Let's be realistic here, we didn't get battered today and yes on the same hand we didn't create much but I like what I'm seeing. Obviously we need a complete overhaul of the defence so the fact were in the top 4 with a powder puff back four is amazing. I'm not worried, a work in progress is what el Señor said and a work in progress it is. Roll on Monday and let's bring in the new year with a win. All the best my blue brothers and sisters.

If Txiki fell in a barrel of tits he'd still come out sucking his thumb.

Three of the back five have arrived in the past 18 months (without his purchase of Mangala) so what makes you think he will get it right?

I'm glad I was watching the game in my parallel universe, where we were by far the better team, even though we didn't have the final cutting edge/bit of luck required to score. In my universe the team worked really hard and other than a couple of times all game, hunted Liverpool down and hounded them off the ball really quickly (unfortunately, they got a perfect cross and header on one of the occasions we backed off). In my universe we had almost twice as many shots overall, twice as many shots on target, and 57% possession. My universe's Kolarov momentarily lost his man for the goal, but otherwise played well, as did Zabaleta.

I won't argue with what anyone else saw in their universe, I'm just glad I'm not in any of them because it sounds like we were shit in most of them. We are unlikely to win the league in mine, and that's hard to take, but I don't have too many complaints about our performance today, which wasn't dissimilar to the game against Arsenal. If we replayed today's game 10 times, I'm confident we'd win more than we'd lose.
Did we shoot in your universe?

image we had fullbacks like alaba and Alves. Totally different team. I really think they are the missing piece.

Don't post much on here but read a lot and lately can't believe what I am reading. Get a grip people, we are 19 games into the season. Yes, we were not great tonight but I am not sure that we deserved to lose the game. In the first half Liverpool out of possession were happy to leave Kolarov free in the wide left position knowing that if he received to feet he will only ever check inside. A good tactic, as this ultimately cost us the goal, but also led to a number of other dangerous situations.

Although Yaya did ok, Klopp must have been pleased to see him starting - remember Dortmund at home when he clearly targeted Yaya receiving the ball in his own half?

Second half, moving Silva inside made us more threatening but for the most part Kun was far too isolated and when he did receive it with support made poor decisions.

Be patient my friends, there is a long way to go and we have a great, great coach in charge. I am not saying we will win the league but we will be a lot closer to the Winners than we are to the top of the league right now.

Happy New Year All

I'm glad I was watching the game in my parallel universe, where we were by far the better team, even though we didn't have the final cutting edge/bit of luck required to score. In my universe the team worked really hard and other than a couple of times all game, hunted Liverpool down and hounded them off the ball really quickly (unfortunately, they got a perfect cross and header on one of the occasions we backed off). In my universe we had almost twice as many shots overall, twice as many shots on target, and 57% possession. My universe's Kolarov momentarily lost his man for the goal, but otherwise played well, as did Zabaleta.

I won't argue with what anyone else saw in their universe, I'm just glad I'm not in any of them because it sounds like we were shit in most of them. We are unlikely to win the league in mine, and that's hard to take, but I don't have too many complaints about our performance today, which wasn't dissimilar to the game against Arsenal. If we replayed today's game 10 times, I'm confident we'd win more than we'd lose.
Basically this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.