Liverpool - post match thread.

Yes correct, not seen match of the day but correct me please they were apparently very lucky to win, and last 3/4 games won 1-0
I think 14 wins on the bounce is more than a bit of luck, 1-0 wins would be very welcome to us right now.....

Here's the real question; when and why did Milner turn into such a ****??

Also happy new year blues. May god have mercy on us all

Awful first half today. We were much better in the second half, but still lacked a cutting edge. Too many players were off it - Aguero, De Bruyne and Fernandinho, amongst others, had bad days. The less said about Kolarov and, to a lesser extent, Otamendi the better.

Guardiola can do many things as a coach, but instilling a bit of heart and fight into some of them seems a step too far. This was essentially still Pellegrini's team, with the addition of Stones and Bravo, and we fell short again. Big changes are required in the summer. Fortunately the contract situations of many players mean it will, or at least should, happen.

Think we'll see as many as eight players replaced next summer - Caballero, Clichy, Sagna, Zabaleta, Toure, Delph, Navas and possibly Kompany.

This was always going to be a transitional season.

With the amount of changes forecasted then wont next season be a "transition" aswell ?

At what point do we put a real challenge in?

Awful first half today. We were much better in the second half, but still lacked a cutting edge. Too many players were off it - Aguero, De Bruyne and Fernandinho, amongst others, had bad days. The less said about Kolarov and, to a lesser extent, Otamendi the better.

Guardiola can do many things as a coach, but instilling a bit of heart and fight into some of them seems a step too far. This was essentially still Pellegrini's team, with the addition of Stones and Bravo, and we fell short again. Big changes are required in the summer. Fortunately the contract situations of many players mean it will, or at least should, happen.

Think we'll see as many as eight players replaced next summer - Caballero, Clichy, Sagna, Zabaleta, Toure, Delph, Navas and possibly Kompany.

Possibly two more Silva and Aguero

Yes correct, not seen match of the day but correct me please they were apparently very lucky to win, and last 3/4 games won 1-0

Yes, of course. Their entire 13-game winning streak, during which they have gained umpteen points on us, as well as beating us at the Etihad, is based entirely on luck. If they win the title, it will be a hollow, meaningless victory and their fans will be proper embarrassed at fluking it.

Not being funny, but we have all seen how Chelsea have won them 13 games, most not deserved, that is what happens in football, records get broken, without playing your best, hence my first post, most pundits say that is how you win leagues, again I will say Pep 5 months, champions league football and transition, be patient , if can't be patient after some of the dross we have witnessed over 30 years we have no hope at all

Spot on

Not being funny, but we have all seen how Chelsea have won them 13 games, most not deserved, that is what happens in football, records get broken, without playing your best, hence my first post, most pundits say that is how you win leagues, again I will say Pep 5 months, champions league football and transition, be patient , if can't be patient after some of the dross we have witnessed over 30 years we have no hope at all

Most no deserved?

Lay off the Bristol Cream mate.

Oh deary me! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!

Two TOP teams, with two WORLD CLASS coaches, who knew how to nullify each other's strengths created a game that was short on chances. SHOCKER!

It is clear there was a difference between the two teams...desire to get stuck in and attack the ball...but that still didn't negate the fact that City had 50% more possession, and almost complete control of the second half, but the problem of us breaking down a 10/11 man defence persists. What to do?

10 things:

Firstly, you start by lowering the age of the squad, which Pep is doing, because the game is passing older players by...and we know who they are, but so do other teams!

Secondly, you cultivate the talents of the wide players and you create a system that helps them play to their strengths.

Third, when you pull the opposing defence wide to cover the wingers, you create more space in the holes for the likes of Silva, KDB, Ferni, Yaya, Gundogan, and Aguero/Kelechi.

Fourth, anyone who thought this team, at this time, was going to roll over a Liverpool team in fine form, at Anfield, is naïve at best, deluded at worst.

Fifth, there was ALWAYS going to be six teams vying for four CL positions, and at least two or three of them were going to be fighting for the Champions position.

Sixth, it has taken BOTH Chelsea and Liverpool having their best starts to the Premier League EVER to create some daylight by year's end.

Seventh, City lost today to a team that had ZERO SHOTS ON GOAL....ZERO! They had ONE header on target and scored from it.

Eighth, City had TWO shots on goal, both weak, but created FAR MORE offensive threat over a longer period, even though it amounted to very little cutting edge goal mouth action.

Ninth, EVERY SINGLE FOOTBALL PERSON knows what City's weaknesses are, but today they were exposed for ONE chance that won the game.

Tenth, Pep/Txiki/Ferran will fix it. This is a process, notnthe finished article. We ALL knew this when Pep was hired, and he needs time to adjust, teach, and recruit the quality needed to play the way he wants. That is going to include speed, size (I hope!) and ball playing ability.

It never feels good to lose to a close rival, especially one that you hate and rarely beat, but reading some of the comments on here, anyone would think we were going down and United were going to win the League! FFS, have some context and moderation, otherwise when you do go off, at least it will be considered reasonable and warranted.

Seriously...hard to even bother reading most of the comments, because they are so unnecessarily hysterical.

There is so much wrong with this post I really don't know where to start, but by all means, keep smoking the weed fella

Oh deary me! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!

Two TOP teams, with two WORLD CLASS coaches, who knew how to nullify each other's strengths created a game that was short on chances. SHOCKER!

It is clear there was a difference between the two teams...desire to get stuck in and attack the ball...but that still didn't negate the fact that City had 50% more possession, and almost complete control of the second half, but the problem of us breaking down a 10/11 man defence persists. What to do?

10 things:

Firstly, you start by lowering the age of the squad, which Pep is doing, because the game is passing older players by...and we know who they are, but so do other teams!

Secondly, you cultivate the talents of the wide players and you create a system that helps them play to their strengths.

Third, when you pull the opposing defence wide to cover the wingers, you create more space in the holes for the likes of Silva, KDB, Ferni, Yaya, Gundogan, and Aguero/Kelechi.

Fourth, anyone who thought this team, at this time, was going to roll over a Liverpool team in fine form, at Anfield, is naïve at best, deluded at worst.

Fifth, there was ALWAYS going to be six teams vying for four CL positions, and at least two or three of them were going to be fighting for the Champions position.

Sixth, it has taken BOTH Chelsea and Liverpool having their best starts to the Premier League EVER to create some daylight by year's end.

Seventh, City lost today to a team that had ZERO SHOTS ON GOAL....ZERO! They had ONE header on target and scored from it.

Eighth, City had TWO shots on goal, both weak, but created FAR MORE offensive threat over a longer period, even though it amounted to very little cutting edge goal mouth action.

Ninth, EVERY SINGLE FOOTBALL PERSON knows what City's weaknesses are, but today they were exposed for ONE chance that won the game.

Tenth, Pep/Txiki/Ferran will fix it. This is a process, notnthe finished article. We ALL knew this when Pep was hired, and he needs time to adjust, teach, and recruit the quality needed to play the way he wants. That is going to include speed, size (I hope!) and ball playing ability.

It never feels good to lose to a close rival, especially one that you hate and rarely beat, but reading some of the comments on here, anyone would think we were going down and United were going to win the League! FFS, have some context and moderation, otherwise when you do go off, at least it will be considered reasonable and warranted.

Seriously...hard to even bother reading most of the comments, because they are so unnecessarily hysterical.[/QUOTE

Bit of pragmatism there pal, not sure if it will be appreciated but I do understand your argument, hard to see now but calls for Pep's dismissal no matter how it's disguised is ludicrous. We need to give Pep time, he's no fool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.