City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

The reason this thread Has 22 pages and counting is that yesterday's game highlighted the ' early leaving ' issue. I don't usually react whether a supporter leaves early or stays to the end (I just happen to be a latter). No, yesterday was different because Swansea scored near the end of the game. Around me in 102 many fans screamed abuse in frustration then left in a huff immediately, as if they were making some grand gesture of protest. There will always be fans who traditionally leave early either by choice or by necessity. I used to sit with 2 real hardcore home and away supporters who always left with a few minutes to go, but nobody could ever accuse them of being flimsy in their support. Yesterday, the exodus occurred because many supporters left in a fit of pique because they were miffed that Swansea scored the goal. It's that sort of fan that causes most annoyance, the ones who have no stomach to get behind the team, instead they leave in disgust. The fact is, we scored the winner despite them not because of them.

I'll never understand it, after Gillingham you'd think lads would learn.

No buzz like a last minute winner.
Never mind Gillingham (which was magic).... what about QPR? I know at least two people who left before 93:20 and who missed the whole celebration.... love Bute's and everyfink!

You live in Bury FFS.... ever wondered if the early leavers live further afield? My Old Dear live in Boarshaw (Midd) and if I still lived there I'd be staying for a pint myself I expect

Worry about yourself, the concerns about other people aren't healthy surely
I've always thought fans that live further away are most likely to stay. makes no difference to us whether I takes 3 1/2 hours or 4 hours to get home. I would guess most of the early leavers at fans that are closer and go every week fans whose time getting home goes from 1/2 hour to an hour. Don't get it myself but can't see it changing.

The reason this thread Has 22 pages and counting is that yesterday's game highlighted the ' early leaving ' issue. I don't usually react whether a supporter leaves early or stays to the end (I just happen to be a latter). No, yesterday was different because Swansea scored near the end of the game. Around me in 102 many fans screamed abuse in frustration then left in a huff immediately, as if they were making some grand gesture of protest. There will always be fans who traditionally leave early either by choice or by necessity. I used to sit with 2 real hardcore home and away supporters who always left with a few minutes to go, but nobody could ever accuse them of being flimsy in their support. Yesterday, the exodus occurred because many supporters left in a fit of pique because they were miffed that Swansea scored the goal. It's that sort of fan that causes most annoyance, the ones who have no stomach to get behind the team, instead they leave in disgust. The fact is, we scored the winner despite them not because of them.

So the annoyance could have been directed at the officials... it was their ineptitude or bias (you decide) that got the score to 1-1...Under the rules of the game it was obvious that the goal should have been disallowed....

My money is on complacency creeping in... the team looked half asleep second half and the work rate for the majority of the half was abysmal compared to the first half... perception is everything and some fans, like it or not, are affected by the performance...

It's a difference of an over an hour in the car or 20 min. Today I stayed but would rather have gone
An hour isn't that bad, is it? Now obviously I'd generally love to be in the car for 20 minutes vs an hour (my morning vs evening commute, essentially), but if it's between going to work and leaving, I'll take leaving any day. Always worth sticking around until the end.

But that's your issue isn't it? You are trying your hardest to impress Bruce. Tell Bruce to watch the end of any premier league game and see how empty they are. It isn't just us. United with the biggest bestest fanbase ever in the world have the exact same problem. Football is nowhere near what it was when you was a regular, just watch that scouser last week who hit the nail on the head. It's aimed at corporate and we will slowly get nudged out. The terraces are dying a death because of many things, fans leaving a bit early is one of the least of the problems.

I watch a lot of live prem games through each week and I just don't see early leavers on the same scale as there is at the Etihad, especially the top 4 clubs.
Our defeats this season at the swamp (LC), Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool and Everton saw the home fans relish every minute of the game and cheered their teams off the park as heroes at the end of the game.
IMO whatever the reason is we have so many fans leaving so early doesn't go hand in hand with what the club are trying to achieve but if fans are still happy at missing the late action and goals then there is nothing the club can do.

In the 70s and 80s there was a group of us who stood on the Kippax each game and we took it in turns to leave a bit early so we had a round of drinks waiting for us in the City social club straight after the game, that was acceptable :-)

Said many times it just looks embarasing 10 min to go and the ground half empty we want the best players they want to play to packed crowds .yesterday there was hundreds of hundreds empty seats before the game started

Whilst I find it odd that people leave early, however suggesting that it's half empty on 80 minutes is over doing it somewhat

Palace fans must have a lot of Man City fans judging by the highlights of their game

Palace fans must have a lot of Man City fans judging by the highlights of their game

And West Ham too. Must have been 45000 empty seats at the final whistle last week.

We know it's not just City, but we could definitely do better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.