City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

im not sure what you are getting at mate?

Would you go for a brew on 40 minutes bollocks I cant stand. Don't get me wrong I think you have the odd valid point but spouting shite just because we all heard the scouser speaking well doesn't make it credible. We know full well why people go up on 40 minutes. Our club couldn't run a piss up in a brewery and if everyone went up on 45 mins, queued for their food and drink by the time they actually got served and drank/ate it the game would be 5/10 minutes in. You lot would then complain they're late coming back to their seats.

Of course no fucker goes for a brew on 40 minutes, they have 15 minutes to do what they want at half time with no queues or being pushed for time. Why people spout this kind of line is beyond me. People have their reasons, you enjoy supporting the team by all means and respect others choices it's very simple.

pep seems to care. we seem to be one of the only clubs in the league this happens too. if you have a genuine reason then fair enough, no ones criticizing anyone for that. but you can't tell me all those thousands of people all have somewhere to be on a sunday afternoon. when I've had to leave early I've come outside to see people queuing for a bus that doesn't leave till to after the match or people sitting in there car in the car park. its the same people every week. its 1-1 and we are going for a winner, why would anyone without a reason leave.

if its embarrassing to want fans to cheer the team on going for a winner or to have some of the ground full then so be it.

No it doesn't? Watch towards the end of any game and see how many people have left. If teams don't have early leavers they are in the minority.
Them people queuing for buses though know if they come out at 90 there is next to no chance of getting a bus. They are faced with a massive queue especially the fans who have to come from the other side of the stadium.

I get peoples points but I just don't see why people get so worked up about it, use that anger and energy on supporting the team (which is the basis of the whole argument) rather than moan at people who choose to do something different to you. They're the ones missing out though should something like yesterday happen. It even proves that it is absolutely irrelevant for the team as we managed to get a winner yesterday with no fucker left.

The word embarrassment is being almost criminally overused. If this sort of thing brings up such emotion and feeling, I wonder how some of you step out of the door in the fucking morning without collapsing. Do you wait for everyone to leave so you're last out of the house and therefore the best housekeeper?

Why are you so sensitive though? Why are you so bothered about what others say and our home reputation? It's not the emptihad if them tickets are sold and people have left. EVERY single game you will watch you will see many empty seats.

You need to not get so stressed over something so small. Enjoy the game, your own experience and stay if you want to.

A rational analysis of the situation would be that supporting a football team is a stupid waste of time and money.

And yet the reason you and I are interacting on this forum right now is because we both care so much (however irrational it is).

I want us to win every game and every competition we enter and I want our fans to be the envy of English football.

Mad, I know, but there it is.

Wibble.

A rational analysis of the situation would be that supporting a football team is a stupid waste of time and money.

And yet the reason you and I are interacting on this forum right now is because we both care so much (however irrational it is).

I want us to win every game and every competition we enter and I want our fans to be the envy of English football.

Wibble.

Our fans wont be the envy though, empithad is from us not selling out games, not from us leaving early. Every club has it. Our fans should be the envy from how loyal, loud and proud we was when we was shit but that's all forgotten and in this modern football era you will be fighting a losing battle on that front whatever we do, however long we stay.

The team will win (like yesterday) regardless of if we are there or not. Nothing will change so I don't get the stress about it all.

Wibble.

Yes may be we should have an amnesty on iphones before the game so nobody can look on their phone during the game and dedicate 100% attention to the cause (this pisses me off but I don't mouth off about it). Everyone must wear a scarf and full kit. Anybody not singing is ejected. Snipers on the roof at 85 minutes to get the traitors who leave early. Pick them off one by one.

be happy then? Its a broadchurch mate, people travel to the game from all over and have different commitments before and after and enjoy the game in different ways.

All (EVEN KLANFIELD!) premier league games have empty seats towards the end of the game as some people need to get off and do other stuff and have lives beyond City. There is no need to be angry about it - its just going to cause arguments and fights in the ground if we are not careful.

Those who left early on sunday missed out on the winning goal - I am sure they are all gutted about it and maybe will think twice next time.

No it doesn't? Watch towards the end of any game and see how many people have left. If teams don't have early leavers they are in the minority.
Them people queuing for buses though know if they come out at 90 there is next to no chance of getting a bus. They are faced with a massive queue especially the fans who have to come from the other side of the stadium.

I get peoples points but I just don't see why people get so worked up about it, use that anger and energy on supporting the team (which is the basis of the whole argument) rather than moan at people who choose to do something different to you. They're the ones missing out though should something like yesterday happen. It even proves that it is absolutely irrelevant for the team as we managed to get a winner yesterday with no fucker left.

Tom, as a 20 odd year season ticket holder who occasionally left early for work and now live in another country (Australia) I can say when I'm sat here trying to persuade Bruce in the local or my family that we are the best team in the world (or even the UK) its pretty hard when the ground looks like a morgue come the 80th minute. In fact its pretty embarrassing when you've spent hours boring them to death about the atmosphere in the Kippax or the old North stand. Its obviously everyones right to leave when they want but as an 'outsider' it doesn't look good.

Our fans wont be the envy though, empithad is from us not selling out games, not from us leaving early. Every club has it. Our fans should be the envy from how loyal, loud and proud we was when we was shit but that's all forgotten and in this modern football era you will be fighting a losing battle on that front whatever we do, however long we stay.

The team will win (like yesterday) regardless of if we are there or not. Nothing will change so I don't get the stress about it all.

Tom, I don't want to fall out with you (or any other blue on here, we're are after all, all on the same side) but your attitude stinks.

Nothing can be achieved without enthusiasm. Do you think Pep would be at the top of his field if he had your energy/testosterone levels.

You're not being asked to turn up to game bare chested, carrying a twelve foot inflatable banana and initiate every chant, but if you could be a bit less tepid and even dare I say it, show some enthusiasm, that would be great.

Turn up in time to cheer the team on, cheer them off (win, lose or draw) and in between try being a little encouraging by clapping your hands when everybody else does.

C'mon City!

Yes may be we should have an amnesty on iphones before the game so nobody can look on their phone during the game and dedicate 100% attention to the cause (this pisses me off but I don't mouth off about it). Everyone must wear a scarf and full kit. Anybody not singing is ejected. Snipers on the roof at 85 minutes to get the traitors who leave early. Pick them off one by one.

be happy then? Its a broadchurch mate, people travel to the game from all over and have different commitments before and after and enjoy the game in different ways.

All (EVEN KLANFIELD!) premier league games have empty seats towards the end of the game as some people need to get off and do other stuff and have lives beyond City. There is no need to be angry about it - its just going to cause arguments and fights in the ground if we are not careful.

Those who left early on sunday missed out on the winning goal - I am sure they are all gutted about it and maybe will think twice next time.

I've never mandated anything. I began by saying 'Leave if you want'. They're free to leave and I'm free to berate them for leaving.

I'm not suggesting we stay for 20 minutes at the end like the Dortmund fans, just pointing out that as a group we are underperforming.

I think the people getting really upset on here are the ones who know I'm right - leaving before the end of a live event, when all three outcomes are still possible, is a crazy thing to do.

Said many times it just looks embarasing 10 min to go and the ground half empty we want the best players they want to play to packed crowds .yesterday there was hundreds of hundreds empty seats before the game started

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.