Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I'm saying that unfortunately for Sterling the media are bullying him. I think it's an unconscious sadistic release and he has become the target as he left traditional,established club Liverpool and joined 'upstarts' the naughty noveaus City.
Media Infantile identifications and ambivalent object splitting has meant that Sterling once to be protected now is getting the full on hammering many fragile looking kids get in school playgrounds.
Do you believe that perhaps Liverpool fans and pundits should get over it rather than continuing their apparently childish bullying ?

No it's not black or white. It's usually a big forehead, non protected open face, soft eyes and nonangular, non tough looking face. Psychological studies into child bullying have verified this targetting. It creates hierarchies and in and out group dynamics.
Some of these children are on the autism spectrum and adhd spectrum and sometimes walk on their tippy toes, or on the sensitive, fragile x spectrum/syndrome.
Why do you think Mourinho bullies Martial but not Ibrahimovic e.g. We humans are often a cruel lot.
Daft twat, he didn’t get this shit when he played for your shower of shit, so what happened after he left you, did his face change? Heard some gibberish from red dipper land but this takes the fucking biscuit la

It's so simple to see;

Success breeds jealousy - At liverpool he was never in danger of winning anything. He's chose to leave the media darlings and better himself, this does't sit right with the people who have never experienced this. Hes now got more more money and trophies than ever and the people that put the boot in about his original move still cant face this so they ramp up the pressure whenever they can waiting and preying for his downfall.

So Brendan ‘The Cockroach’ Rogers is starting the process of destroying another young black player again... let’s see how this Boyata scenario plays out, but he’s pretty much built the pile and lit the motherfucker - interested to see how info is fed to the fan groups and local press. Can see this going like a Sterling2.0... apart from the fact Boyata ain’t in sterlings ball park and will just have to bail to a club in Europe on loan...

But he’s fucking destroyed him publicly
Glad it's not just me who noticed this.

No it's not black or white. It's usually a big forehead, non protected open face, soft eyes and nonangular, non tough looking face. Psychological studies into child bullying have verified this targetting. It creates hierarchies and in and out group dynamics.
Some of these children are on the autism spectrum and adhd spectrum and sometimes walk on their tippy toes, or on the sensitive, fragile x spectrum/syndrome.
Why do you think Mourinho bullies Martial but not Ibrahimovic e.g. We humans are often a cruel lot.

Hahaha what a load of bollocks, trust a Liverpool fan to come up with this theory.

Well I am heavily antifascist and anti racist but in this case I just cant see the link to race.
It's more picking on him cos of his look and that he plays for City, which is bad in itself but not racist.
Nope I dont believ it is orchestrated racism. I think it's more like this....

The press report hate shite about Sterling because there are some people that like to read that stuff
Sterling gets a racist attack against him
The papers cranked it up even more.

Not out and out racism, but the risk of racist attacks against him go up each time they single just him out for this bullshit reporting.

Totally devoid of morals is what I would call it, and that reporter guy who comes on here talking about how there isnt racism in the press is totally missing the point. The hatetops need to stop doing this shit because it is pandering to the racist elements of society. And if it takes them being called racist as Ian Wright did then good on him and fuck the press in all their guises

Ye but as Liverpool are stupidly imo seen as a more sympathetic club tham City the media were acting all maternal/protective over the sensitive, vulnerable looking Sterling.
Once Raheem left us for you guys Sterling's look now had the oppositive effect. Full on bullying from the macho playground media.

I really think you're on a wind up, but I'll bite anyway.
Absolute shite? Selective memory? take your pick.
Maternal my arse.
The fact is when he made it clear he wanted out and Liverpool knew he wouldn't sign a contract, so began an absolutely disgraceful character assassination of a young kid,
from manager right through the club to ex-players and everyone in between being wheeled out to give their tuppence worth.
You lot set up the narrative and were more than willing to ruin a promising young players career, rather than have him come to City.
I don't think he would have half the trouble if he'd gone to real Madrid/Barca.
What happened since with the non-Liverpool mafia end of the media/punditry is well documented above and yes, there is definitely racist tones to it.
I would say it gathered momentum more because of the anti-City racist overtones though and not purely because the new scapegoat is black.

The rest of the drivel about the way he looks and mannerism, would be comical if they were not so sad.

I really think you're on a wind up, but I'll bite anyway.
Absolute shite? Selective memory? take your pick.
Maternal my arse.
The fact is when he made it clear he wanted out and Liverpool knew he wouldn't sign a contract, so began an absolutely disgraceful character assassination of a young kid,
from manager right through the club to ex-players and everyone in between being wheeled out to give their tuppence worth.
You lot set up the narrative and were more than willing to ruin a promising young players career, rather than have him come to City.
I don't think he would have half the trouble if he'd gone to real Madrid/Barca.
What happened since with the non-Liverpool mafia end of the media/punditry is well documented above and yes, there is definitely racist tones to it.
I would say it gathered momentum more because of the anti-City racist overtones though and not purely because the new scapegoat is black.

The rest of the drivel about the way he looks and mannerism, would be comical if they were not so sad.
Huh? I didn't say he looks comical or sad.
Reading comprehension skills fail.
Sterling is slated because he looks an easy target, vulnerable looking, and been seen (wrongly imho) as a disloyal, mercenary.
I am no fan of the gutter press. They are a pack of rabid hyenas, scavengers. I am antifascist btw and deffo on Sterlings side in this battle.
But I must add I do not think this is about race. It is more about old-fashioned class politics tbf.
City are hated by the established clubs and looked down on as chav type,lower class, lottery winners by the traditional clubs and that class prejudice feeds the hatred of Sterling ( the prejudiced narrative of his presumed lower class, blingbling attitude) much more than race.

Nope I dont believ it is orchestrated racism. I think it's more like this....

The press report hate shite about Sterling because there are some people that like to read that stuff
Sterling gets a racist attack against him
The papers cranked it up even more.

Not out and out racism, but the risk of racist attacks against him go up each time they single just him out for this bullshit reporting.

Totally devoid of morals is what I would call it, and that reporter guy who comes on here talking about how there isnt racism in the press is totally missing the point. The hatetops need to stop doing this shit because it is pandering to the racist elements of society. And if it takes them being called racist as Ian Wright did then good on him and fuck the press in all their guises
Spot-on. It's not that every reporter is racist but they know what they are doing when they do a story linking his tattoos to gun crime and suggest that he is a bit blingy when he buys a new house. They create the environment for the racists to flourish in by pressing the right buttons. Ian Wright knows what is going on and so do most sensible people. The coverage of Sterling before the World Cup was nothing to do with his football skills and it was despicable. It all started with Brendan Rogers and Liverpool FC with selective leaks to the press about his so called "greedy feckless lifestyle."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.