Sam Allardyce: Epitome of why English football has lagged behind

Given that Fat Sam has managed both Bolton and West Ham it's perhaps understandable that SpiritofBurnden and HammerMark are fighting his corner. Maybe there's a few of us that would do the same if someone started bad-mouthing Stuart Pearce, or Peter Reid (not me, personally!). But I don't understand why you are both so vociferous in your defence of him on a City forum. You're on a hiding to nothing because most of us cannot stand the man. And as football fans we are not in the minority, the average fan who supports neither Bolton nor West Ham has any time or respect for Allardyce - in fact, even a lot of fans of the clubs he's managed in the past dislike him.

Trying to convince us that Sam Allardyce is (or was) a great football manager is as futile an endeavour as I think I've ever known.

I doubt you'd find a single City fan who'd support Pearce, he drove enough fans away!!

Given that Fat Sam has managed both Bolton and West Ham it's perhaps understandable that SpiritofBurnden and HammerMark are fighting his corner. Maybe there's a few of us that would do the same if someone started bad-mouthing Stuart Pearce, or Peter Reid (not me, personally!). But I don't understand why you are both so vociferous in your defence of him on a City forum. You're on a hiding to nothing because most of us cannot stand the man. And as football fans we are not in the minority, the average fan who supports neither Bolton nor West Ham has any time or respect for Allardyce - in fact, even a lot of fans of the clubs he's managed in the past dislike him.

Trying to convince us that Sam Allardyce is (or was) a great football manager is as futile an endeavour as I think I've ever known.
I always tell people I've supported City through thick, thin, thinner and Stuart Pearce. But I'd never to go the length of defending him. The football was shit, and that's being generous.

I always tell people I've supported City through thick, thin, thinner and Stuart Pearce. But I'd never to go the length of defending him. The football was shit, and that's being generous.

His last season in charge was fucking horrendous. Ten goals at home all season, and not one after New Year’s Day.

Even worse, playing the striker he’d spent his entire transfer budget on as a left-winger, showed what a useless fucking manager he was.

Utter drivel.

Qualifying for Europe, finishing 8th, keeping a team up from a seemingly hopeless position, is not 'narrowly avoiding complete failure'.

That says more about your prejudice against him than his ability as a manager.

He's been managing for how many years ?

He's managed West Ham, Newcastle & Everton & did nothing more than the likes of Watford have done.

How does his success at Bolton compare to Bruce Rioch ? If Sam was such a miracle worker ?

How does his success at Bolton compare to Bruce Rioch ? If Sam was such a miracle worker ?

Allardyce – Promotion from Championship/League Cup semi-final/F.A.Cup semi-final/Four consecutive top eight finishes/Qualified for UEFA Cup twice/League Cup final

Rioch – Promotion from League 1/Promotion from Championship/League Cup final/Never managed us in the Premier League

I work with a couple of West Ham fans and an Everton season ticket holder. They all supported BFS when he was appointed (as any supporter of a club with a new manager would) and they were all glad to see the back of the anti-football dinosaur. Time he disappeared altogether. I just wonder if the sofa is reinforced to take the fat fuckers weight.

What a daft comment.

He's kept the likes of Sunderland, Palace and Blackburn up.

How did he manage that without improving the performance of the players he inherited?
It's a serious question. His management system asks players to work well within their abilities to minimise mistakes, can a player improve under those circumstances?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.