Leicester (League Cup) - Post Match Thread.

Brilliant goalkeeping, imo.
I think waiting works very well when the penalties are shit, but if taken properly they’ll be past the keeper before he can get anywhere near it. That’s why most keepers prefer to research the taker and then pre-empt the most likely corner. Not being a goalkeeper, I don’t know if that makes it excellent goalkeeping or just a bit fortunate that the pens were pea-rollers.

I think waiting works very well when the penalties are shit, but if taken properly they’ll be past the keeper before he can get anywhere near it. That’s why most keepers prefer to research the taker and then pre-empt the most likely corner. Not being a goalkeeper, I don’t know if that makes it excellent goalkeeping or just a bit fortunate that the pens were pea-rollers.

I was a keeper. I think you have to mix it up so that the taker does not know if you will choose a side or wait. In part, it's about reading (and researching) the taker. Aro completely psyched out Lord Farquaad, IMO.

Precisely the type of situation where VAR should be used.
According to the commentary they did review it and decided it wasn't a penalty or a free kick, presumably because it wasn't a "clear and obvious error".

VAR wont fix all ills. It is still down to someone else's judgement on whether they think its a foul, they just get more than one look at it. There will be instances where you see a replay and the VAR ref will give a different decision to what you think it should be.

Walker and Mahrez particularly poor. Zinky has done okay at left-back but time to try him elsewhere now, central like he plays for Ukraine. Also wonder if Garcia could do a holding job in midfield given time? Oh well, another semi-final, it's all I used to wish for in the bad days !!!

According to the commentary they did review it and decided it wasn't a penalty or a free kick, presumably because it wasn't a "clear and obvious error".

VAR wont fix all ills. It is still down to someone else's judgement on whether they think its a foul, they just get more than one look at it. There will be instances where you see a replay and the VAR ref will give a different decision to what you think it should be.

Absolutely, it's still all about interpretation im many decisions.

On the Brahim one in the first half I noticed a gesture from Mason which suggested it went to VAR, I didn't see the same thing with the Jesus incident.

Of course it's the manager's fault but it's time it was stopped. He isn't learning how to defend.

And he didn't make up for it, he scored a pen, which has nothing to do with being fullback.

If he had been a fullback we would have won 1-0.

He isn't & it's time we cancelled the experiment of trying to make him into one. Ic Delph gets injured, decent chance it will cost us the title or at least we will be relying on Liverpool crashing.

Some teams will most likely expolit Zinchenko if he plays enough.

maybe we need two then eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.