Used family car advice needed - £10k budget

Mazda 6. Massive boot, all the fixing stuff, loaded with extras. I have one and it's great though too big for the missus to drive, bonus is *all the alloy wheels are as new.

*Except one.

Some good advice on here, but if you're going for automatic, something like a Kia Sportage 4x4 will absolutely
slurp petrol, diesel would be be far cheaper, despite the higher cost at the pumps. I had a Volvo V70 petrol auto
and it cost a fortune in juice, you could see the gauge going down when you floored it, but on the flip side
it went like shit off a shovel.

I recently got a used Ford B Max auto and i think i hate it. Engine is fine, lots of goodies like cruise control and DAB, electric everything and the sliding doors are great for getting the grandkids in and out but, I can't see out of the fucking thing. Massive pillars between door and windscreen means having to lean forward at every t-junction and trying to look through rear side windows is a waste of time with another massive bit of bodywork and passenger seat obscuring the view totally. On a plus note the reversing aid is pretty good.

I recently got a used Ford B Max auto and i think i hate it. Engine is fine, lots of goodies like cruise control and DAB, electric everything and the sliding doors are great for getting the grandkids in and out but, I can't see out of the fucking thing. Massive pillars between door and windscreen means having to lean forward at every t-junction and trying to look through rear side windows is a waste of time with another massive bit of bodywork and passenger seat obscuring the view totally. On a plus note the reversing aid is pretty good.

Can’t you just drive everywhere backwards?

Cheers mate. On Ford, do you know anything about the Ford EcoSport? Online reviews from websites/magazines etc are pretty shit, about 2 out of 5, but if you look at user reviews it’s about 4.5 out of 5. Boot might not be big enough for me though.

Ford Kuga might be worth a look Trev. Plenty of Mk2 models about in your price range. Nice to drive and a decent boot, running costs not bad either.
If you’re looking at saloons, consider a passat. I had one as a company car (an 11 plate 2.0 tdi se) ran it for 4 years and 54k miles and it never had so much as a bulb. Huge inside, massive boot and 50mpg.

I do like the look of the Kia Sportage. Need to check if it’s available as an automatic within my budget
If you lease you also after 2 or 3 years have the option to exchange for a new one or buy it at discounted price. As you not driven for so long it really important to think about having a few refresher lessons to get you back on track again

I guess with you not driving for 7 years the cost of insurance will be a major concern, it is worth getting some quotes before you make the final decision on what car you would like.
Don't think that is much of an issue all insurance company want is proof of no claim bonus

Another vote for SEAT here, I’ve got four young kids so have an Alhambra which is both diesel and likely far too big for what you’re after, but given the size it drives like a much smaller car, never a problem with it and a lot cheaper than the identical VW and the similar Focus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.