Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

That was totally different though, there was nothing like it and it had a place a void to fill, this new European League crap is just another way for the big boys to stay big and then just for good measure devalue every national league that loses these so called big boys, (and I include us in that) basically affecting the so called lesser clubs revenues etc, it’s bullshit, it’s greed driven but as the way the game is today it doesn’t surprise me,
I personally can’t stand the champions league in its current format, I haven’t been to a champions league game for 4 years or so and don’t intend going to one even if we get to the final and I’m not on my own, this super league will just be another nail in the coffin for me
You say it'll devalue the domestic league, but that hasn't happened yet, the opposite has happened.

You say it'll devalue the domestic league, but that hasn't happened yet, the opposite has happened.
I’m talking about the European Super League not the Champions League, like I said there was a place for European competion and that has enhanced national leagues no doubt, but will all the big teams continue to be competitive in their respective leagues, will they play second string teams (devalued league straight away) no need to field your strongest 11 no need to qualify for Champs league
going back to the inception of the European Cup, the resistance came from the FA due to losing power and influence over the game, which has happened with the forming of UEFA and on the world stage FIFA, the FA have no influence at all now when it comes to the wider game in general

I’m talking about the European Super League not the Champions League, like I said there was a place for European competion and that has enhanced national leagues no doubt, but will all the big teams continue to be competitive in their respective leagues, will they play second string teams (devalued league straight away) no need to field your strongest 11 no need to qualify for Champs league
going back to the inception of the European Cup, the resistance came from the FA due to losing power and influence over the game, which has happened with the forming of UEFA and on the world stage FIFA, the FA have no influence at all now when it comes to the wider game in general
There isn't anywhere near enough money involved in this to make clubs write off their domestic leagues.

There isn't anywhere near enough money involved in this to make clubs write off their domestic leagues.

That may be the case early on but if it happens with big sponsors and big TV deals that will change
They said that about the European Cup, as you know the money from the Champs League makes up a large amount of some clubs turnover

That may be the case early on but if it happens with big sponsors and big TV deals that will change
They said that about the European Cup, as you know the money from the Champs League makes up a large amount of some clubs turnover
If the money was there for a European League to make the domestic leagues irrelevant, then the PL wouldn't be worth more than the current CL.

If the money was there for a European League to make the domestic leagues irrelevant, then the PL wouldn't be worth more than the current CL.
I agree and is true but thatb is so right now,

but a league with 16 of the biggest clubs in the world (never mind the biggest in Europe) in it would dwarf any TV deal for any domestic league even the Prem, sponsors would be falling over themselves to be associated with it and the likes of Sky and BT plus any new player (Amazon) would prioritise it over anything else, they would be shitting themselves on missing out meaning less money available for Prem rights, etc etc leading to a devalued league
The one good thing I can see coming from it is we may see more youngsters getting decent game time in the Prem

It's gonna happen.
Just a matter of getting all the ducks in a row (all the interested parties will be looking for their slice of the cake) and current commitments to expire then the money and marketing men will be all over the game like a rash and for better or worse the game will be streamlined into a Super League and various secondary/feeder leagues.

2024 is the apparently the magic number and by then we can rant ourselves silly about the loss of the loss of our heritage and buy into the new pro-duct or not or reluctantly opt in after a bloody good moan first.

The premier leagues in trouble make no mistake. Absolute drivel on sky there ( watford v Newcastle) somethings got to happen or football will eat itself. Which is all the more reason we should be afraid. Sky need the dippers to win it. That superleague or some imagining of it will come to pass, like it or not we will be part of it.

I can remember Richard Scudamore giving an interview during which he made it clear that the premier league needed stop City from being so dominant as it was detrimental to the brand. Now, I am not saying that we've been stiched up this season but his words shocked me. when you add to all the Liverpool loving we're seeing from a majority of the pundits (who indirectly influence the fans) it makes me think we're up against it this year.

As for this Elite league stuff, not for me I am afraid. This will be yet another nail in the coffin for football supporters and fans. How much money do they think we have? How much more money do they need?

I agree and is true but thatb is so right now,

but a league with 16 of the biggest clubs in the world (never mind the biggest in Europe) in it would dwarf any TV deal for any domestic league even the Prem, sponsors would be falling over themselves to be associated with it and the likes of Sky and BT plus any new player (Amazon) would prioritise it over anything else, they would be shitting themselves on missing out meaning less money available for Prem rights, etc etc leading to a devalued league
The one good thing I can see coming from it is we may see more youngsters getting decent game time in the Prem
It's a CL with 8 team groups, not a league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.