Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

I don't really see a thread dedicated with the proposed UEFA Super League (almost closed league) in 2024. Since we have talked about it here, i will just give a little update here.

PSG has made their position clear : they are pushing for that Super League. https://www.goal.com/fr/news/ligue-...-sur-la-reforme-de/11dn1wlo5goj81uav6tl0d13x1
In France, PSG and Lyon are all for it, Marseille is contemplating their options (would be for it if they are invited) and the other clubs are against. LFP and FFF directors and president are against because they fear it would devalue the league, with clubs engaged in that Super League fielding weaker teams in national league. And, to be honest, the risk is real : it is easier to remain/access this Super League by getting to the top 5 of any group of 8 teams than from the national league. The only way to be invited to take the spots of relegated team from that Super League (8th of each group and the loser of the tie between 6th and 7th) is to be among the 4 semi finalists in Europa League and 4 champions in non disclosed leagues.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47887268

They even threaten french clubs that would participate in that Super League not to receive their TV rights share. For PSG, it would be around 100 M€.

That's what people said about the European Cup.
That was totally different though, there was nothing like it and it had a place a void to fill, this new European League crap is just another way for the big boys to stay big and then just for good measure devalue every national league that loses these so called big boys, (and I include us in that) basically affecting the so called lesser clubs revenues etc, it’s bullshit, it’s greed driven but as the way the game is today it doesn’t surprise me,
I personally can’t stand the champions league in its current format, I haven’t been to a champions league game for 4 years or so and don’t intend going to one even if we get to the final and I’m not on my own, this super league will just be another nail in the coffin for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.