Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

Are we talking about the same thing? Im talking about the Super League that’s been proposed with no qualification required
There will still be a promotion and relegation system, teams will still have to qualify. Barca, Bayern and Real are apparently asking for automatic qualification, but what does that really change? They get in every year anyway and will still need to finish at the top of their domestic leagues every year to pick up domestic prizes and cash.

Are we talking about the same thing? Im talking about the Super League that’s been proposed with no qualification required
Yes, it is the same thing.

4 groups of 8 teams for a total of 32 teams. 16 founding members with PSG and City among them. 16 invited teams

Minimum of 14 games (7 home and 7 away games in group stage).

24 teams are guaranteed to remain with only 8 relegated teams.

Are relegated the teams finishing 8th in their group and the loser of the tie between 6th and 7th.

Are qualified (take the spots of relegated teams) for next Super League (Champions League 2024), the 4 semi finalists of Europa League + 4 champions of non disclosed leagues.

So, this format could/should allow national leagues to take place on top of the Champions League. However, removing the necessity to qualify via national leagues will definitely affect them.

TV rights are insanely ginormous in Premier League but it is not the case for the other leagues. I could see continental clubs prioritizing Champions League over their games in national leagues due to the money involved.

I'm not in favor of that reform because if you don't need to qualify from national league, it is not a Champions League. But then, we could already argue that current competition are not only for champions and is not a league. It is injust that some teams just get a free pass as founding members or invited teams. It is a sport and there should be a sporting merit to be achieved to access this competition. Not just a bunch of super clubs deciding to gang up and reap (rip) the benefices and fuck the smaller clubs.

However, i can understand the position of the club, it is a good opportunity in term of business and will remove some barriers such as playing in a lesser league.

There will still be a promotion and relegation system, teams will still have to qualify. Barca, Bayern and Real are apparently asking for automatic qualification, but what does that really change? They get in every year anyway and will still need to finish at the top of their domestic leagues every year to pick up domestic prizes and cash.
If it’s a rehash of the existing competion I agree that it shouldn’t change to much, the thing that bothers me is where it will lead and as our resident PSG fan has pointed out in the post above, some of the points he makes in his post are very worrying for me and it will eventually affect the domestic leagues in Europe especially if it gets to the stage where there will be only 4 spots up for grabs from selected leagues

Hmm so have we joined the cartel now?
There are those businesses that are too big to fail.

PSG and City are too big now to be ignored. Even if they don't like us and we don't like them, they need us if they want to mount a competition like that with big TV rights.
Imagine not including the best team in Premier League and the best team in french league (France is still a "rich european country" and they need the money from this market as well).
The day Agnelli was talking about that new format of CL, PSG and several clubs tweeted "Proud of being ECA" or something like that. I saw this as a public endorsement of this rumoured CL.

From armchair fan point of view, I'm all up for it. Would rather watch City playing big European clubs each week than bournemouths and burnley's, to be honest.

But for regular match going fans it's utter crap though, no way to find money for all those travels.

From armchair fan point of view, I'm all up for it. Would rather watch City playing big European clubs each week than bournemouths and burnley's, to be honest.

But for regular match going fans it's utter crap though, no way to find money for all those travels.

What's the betting Dyche gets the Barca job when this comes about

It is inevitable this super league will happen.

But football will die a little that day!! And I am sad our club must rub shoulders with those immoral wanker cartel fuckers who just want to take from the sport.

They fucked their own leagues and now they want to go international, fucking everybody else's!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.