Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLY SPORTS on now, city v dipper goals, just listen to the commentators. You can hear the devastation in their voice when city score.

How sweet that we have won it again, to take it from them on the last day.
Priceless.

I don't think the RAWKites understand that we generally aren't that upset about not being in the CL Final.

They have had a good few years, no doubting that - but I look forward to them going back to fighting for 4th again. As far as i'm concerned, they're a good Leicester but without the Premier League title - ho ho ho.

Never understood the suggestions we are trying to build a rivalry with them. Since the take over they've raised their game massively to play us, particularly when we visit Anfield it's a big event and the cue for a cup final style performance with Jay Spearing/Jon Flanagan playing the game of their lives. Then they went back to dropping points against Villa/West Brom the following week. Everton has been similar but at least that was set off by us signing Lescott and Moyes' comments about his/our poor behavior that he used to whip the fans & players into a frenzy. Booing our players for 90 minutes and I don't remember any set of fans jeering off our injured players like Tevez and Yaya were at Anfield, not to mention the bus attack.

Plus it wouldn't make a lot of sense to be rivals with a team that hasn't won anything and has spent most seasons in mid table since we became a decent team. Pretty much all of the other top 6 sides would be better candidates.

Never understood the suggestions we are trying to build a rivalry with them. Since the take over they've raised their game massively to play us, particularly when we visit Anfield it's a big event and the cue for a cup final style performance with Jay Spearing/Jon Flanagan playing the game of their lives. Then they went back to dropping points against Villa/West Brom the following week. Everton has been similar but at least that was set off by us signing Lescott and Moyes' comments about his/our poor behavior that he used to whip the fans & players into a frenzy. Booing our players for 90 minutes and I don't remember any set of fans jeering off our injured players like Tevez and Yaya were at Anfield, not to mention the bus attack.

Plus it wouldn't make a lot of sense to be rivals with a team that hasn't won anything and has spent most seasons in mid table since we became a decent team. Pretty much all of the other top 6 sides would be better candidates.
Well put mate.

To be fair I wasnt bothered either way about liverpool until the bus attack. But the fact that it was played down by the media and that they got a piss poor fined turned me against them big time. Should I ever mention it to a liverpool fan they seem shock that I am so offended by the attack. They don't get it !! The fact that Merseyside Police cant find one liverpool fan who threw a missile. The fact that Merseyside Police allowed the attack to happen along with liverpool fc. The fact that liverpool fans killed 39 Italian fans is washed away from their history. The fact that liverpool fc got all English clubs banned from Europe for 5 yrs is was away from their history.
I really cant stand to hear their horrible little accents, I cant stand watching any TV if the actor has that horrible accent, and I will never set foot in liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.