Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather spend the 30 Mill on ake

I think earlier in the season Ake was a higher target. After how poor we've been on corners (how that impacts outcomes), and how his/Bournemouth's performances dropped it's not the same now.

Maguire is doubted by some actually because he's English, and some think therefore overrated as well as because he seems like a big oaf.

I've advocated for him as possible signing for a few years now, and as a rotation player he's ideal for us, and he's HG, so we can lose Delph (who I think Pep is done with now) and we can keep the adequate numbers needed.

The fee will be high, but welcome to buying HG players for a top side in the PL, especially our side where many centre halves/defenders have no chance of getting games due to their poor/ish skills on the ball.

That's why it might be higher than we think it should be. I don't think CIty will pay £60m, but either way the fee will not be his actual value in an untainted market, it's inflated due to these factors as was the case with Walker, Raz, etc. Chillwell might have cost more. We were extremely fortunate getting Delph for the fee we did. Let's be real.

That said, this is why losing Otamendi AND Vinny is an issue. Sure, we can "wait" on Garcia and Sandler to improve, but they can't be our 3rd CB next season. This is reality. We need another proven player at a high level to get games not a youngster. 4th CB can be Garcia/Sandler. Given Delph is off we will need another HG player and Harry actually then fits the mould. Fee be (almost, frustratingly but "what it is") damned.

Last edited:
I think earlier in the season Ake was a higher target. After how poor we've been on corners (how that impacts outcomes), and how his/Bournemouth's performances dropped it's not the same now.

Maguire is doubted by some actually because he's English, and some think therefore overrated as well as because he seems like a big oaf.

I've advocated for him as possible signing for a few years now, and as a rotation player he's ideal for us, and he's HG, so we can lose Delph (who I think Pep is done with now) and we can keep the adequate numbers needed.

The fee will be high, but welcome to buying HG players for a top side in the PL, especially our side where many centre halves/defenders have no chance of getting games due to their poor/ish skills on the ball.

That's why it might be higher than we think it should be. I don't think CIty will pay £60m, but either way the fee will not be his actual value in an untainted market, it's inflated due to these factors as was the case with Walker, Raz, etc. Chillwell might have cost more. We were extremely fortunate getting Delph for the fee we did. Let's be real.

That said, this is why losing Otamendi AND Vinny is an issue. Sure, we can "wait" on Garcia and Sandler to improve, but they can't be our 3rd CB next season. This is reality. We need another proven player at a high level to get games not a youngster. 4th CB can be Garcia/Sandler. Given Delph is off we will need another HG player and Harry actually then fits the mould. Fee be (almost, frustratingly but "what it is") damned.

I don't dislike Harry at all, I just don't think he is worth what is being quoted I honestly would question it at over 40 Mill so to hear as much as 90.....were talking similar money to some of the best forwards in th world, not for me.

I don't dislike Harry at all, I just don't think he is worth what is being quoted I honestly would question it at over 40 Mill so to hear as much as 90.....were talking similar money to some of the best forwards in th world, not for me.
I'm still at a loss at why people continue to think Nathan Ake will be cheap :? Does he have a cheap release clause I'm unaware of?

Bournemouth paid a record 20 million for him. And you think if a big club wants him they sell him for a mere 10 million profits?

If they do, certainly everyone at the club should be fired for actions detrimental to the club.

Ake to a big club will cost minimum 55 million. And more likely similar to Maguire

I'm still at a loss at why people continue to think Nathan Ake will be cheap :? Does he have a cheap release clause I'm unaware of?

Bournemouth paid a record 20 million for him. And you think if a big club wants him they sell him for a mere 10 million profits?

If they do, certainly everyone at the club should be fired for actions detrimental to the club.

Ake to a big club will cost minimum 55 million. And more likely similar to Maguire

Step away from the crack pipe Dax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.