Gundogan back to Dortmund ?

Maybe composure and a few other qualities like a well timed run into a dangerous area or a deft pass, i'll grant you Gundogan is better. Foden however gives energy to our midfield that is lacking. Pressing, finding space to receive the ball, and getting back to defend when we lose the ball. Foden has the skills but we've used him infrequently. Give him a run of games and you'll have all you need to know about how good he is.

As I said before, Gundogan has been great covering for Fernandinho. I love the way he keeps things moving, orchestrating, setting our rhythm. But play him further forward, especially in games where he starts, and my abiding memory is of him unwilling to turn with the ball once receiving it. He frustratingly plays it back. He's become too safe.

I'll take the fearlessness of youth over composure.
Yep totally agree. Also Gundo was great at the end of the season when he had a long run of games to build confidence/match fitness but thought he was average first half of the season when restricted to playing every other week.

I would like to see Foden have a decent run of games on a row so we can see how good he really is at the moment. I understand that is difficult with our squad though.

Yep totally agree. Also Gundo was great at the end of the season when he had a long run of games to build confidence/match fitness but thought he was average first half of the season when restricted to playing every other week.

I would like to see Foden have a decent run of games on a row so we can see how good he really is at the moment. I understand that is difficult with our squad though.
Give Foden an extended run of games and he does well, great. Give him the same and he does badly and not only will it hurt his confidence but it'll teach him bad habits at Cerebellum level, best to do 1/2 games at a time and train him on what he's doing right and wrong. Especially when he has a good game as the best time to take a break from learning is when you nail something, as then your body learns good habits. The worst time is when you've fucked up as then your body learns the bad habits.

Gundo won't be going anywhere this summer, even if he runs his deal down.

He's told pals he is happy and so are we.

If we're serious about letting Gundogan run his contract down and not replacing Sane if he is sold we could potentially have a bit of a mess on our hands a year down the road when we are in the middle of a transfer ban having waved goodbye to Silva, seen Dinho turn 35 and with Mendy still crocked.

Sterling ------ Aguero/G.Jesus ------- Mahrez

Bernardo/Foden ---- De Bruyne---

Zinchenko/Angelino --- Rodri/Fernandinho(35) --- Walker/Cancelo

Laporte/Stones --- Maguire/E.Garcia

Ederson/Muric

If we're serious about letting Gundogan run his contract down and not replacing Sane if he is sold we could potentially have a bit of a mess on our hands a year down the road when we are in the middle of a transfer ban having waved goodbye to Silva, seen Dinho turn 35 and with Mendy still crocked.

Sterling ------ Aguero/G.Jesus ------- Mahrez

Bernardo/Foden ---- De Bruyne---

Zinchenko/Angelino --- Rodri/Fernandinho(35) --- Walker/Cancelo

Ederson/Muric
I'd put OZ and Angelino at left back and Dinho and Rodri in midfield to be honest ;)

Sterling/Edozie----- -Aguero/G.Jesus ------- Mahrez/Carlo Poveda

Bernardo/Foden ---- De Bruyne/Doyle---

Zinchenko/Angelino --- Rodri/Fernandinho(35)/Smith --- Walker/Cancelo

Ederson/Muric
What problem?

He has to sign his extension just based on good faith city has shown while he was on physio’s table for a long period of his contract.

I think he's more open to staying now than he was a few months ago. That run he had in the team during the last few weeks of the season definitely showed what he's capable of (what he's always been capable of if you ask me, as much as some on here would like to pretend that they hadn't said such stupid things about him during the season). I think he could really nail down a place for at least the next two seasons as Silva fades out and Foden fades in.

I can’t see him leaving this summer and I’m pretty confident that if he wanted to go it wouldn’t be to Dortmund. They haven’t got the type of money City would be asking. They pay be able to get him on a free but that’s about it

Do you know anything about how good that Edozie kid is?
Nah, not a scooby bud, never heard of him until this week but the fee we're paying and it's upper limit shows the club have faith in him. I did look for the obligatory Youtube highlights but didn't see anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.