VAR (PL introduction 2019)

For all those who are saying "would you rather have a wrong decision" YES I F**KIN WOULD. These millimetre decisions, handball EVERY time it hits the hand, etc etc is an utter farce. Those who can't see it's killing the game how it is at the moments can't have been watching football very long. The argument that if it's offside, it's offside is utter bollox. Let's not forget the VAR technology isn't 100% accurate either - as in cricket - that's why they have umpires call decisions. That Cameroon call, Sterling's goal v spurs (the Aguero offside) etc are too close to say the technology is correct. It's only 90-95% correct so in cricket they give a percentage of leeway - e.g. half a balls width. If football doesn't follow this simple rule then it's going to continue to be an absolute farce. Anyone who can say this is a good thing for football is watching a different game - just in my opinion (which might be wrong as everyone's might) but it's killing the game for me

Wrong. Walking out of a stadium when the other team have scored a blatant offside/penalty that shouldn’t have been ,has totally spoiled the occasion.

Nope. I don’t think so. I think it’s adding to the entertainment if anything.

Attendance and viewing figures won’t be affected. Just a lot of hot air on forums.
Won't affect viewing figures? I bet you it will mate. Mind you you will get more reality TV fans turning on for the drama so you might be right. But who gives a shit about the good old fashion football fan eh?

Wrong. Walking out of a stadium when the other team have scored a blatant offside/penalty that shouldn’t have been ,has totally spoiled the occasion.
Blatant offside? 1mm that might have been wrong when you consider it's not 100% because of angles, parts of the body. I recon you've got shares in VAR

For all those who are saying "would you rather have a wrong decision" YES I F**KIN WOULD. These millimetre decisions, handball EVERY time it hits the hand, etc etc is an utter farce. Those who can't see it's killing the game how it is at the moments can't have been watching football very long. The argument that if it's offside, it's offside is utter bollox. Let's not forget the VAR technology isn't 100% accurate either - as in cricket - that's why they have umpires call decisions. That Cameroon call, Sterling's goal v spurs (the Aguero offside) etc are too close to say the technology is correct. It's only 90-95% correct so in cricket they give a percentage of leeway - e.g. half a balls width. If football doesn't follow this simple rule then it's going to continue to be an absolute farce. Anyone who can say this is a good thing for football is watching a different game - just in my opinion (which might be wrong as everyone's might) but it's killing the game for me

Every issue you’ve mentioned is an issue with how VAR is used. There’s a clear distinction between the two. I don’t think there’s anybody out there that’s happy with the times it’s taking for decisions and some of the farcical robotic-like interpretation of flawed rules is ridiculous too but to suggest we scrap it all completely because we want a perfect flawless instant system straight away is insane.

It’s going to lead to a lot of frustration for probably a few seasons whilst they tweak the system and get it to a point where it’s in an acceptable spot but it’s a relatively small price to pay overall when you consider how much fairer it makes the game for all.

I’m shocked at how many are against it considering the overwhelming belief on here that there’s this football cabal that are so dead set against us that are corrupt to the core and will do whatever they can to destabilise us.

Every issue you’ve mentioned is an issue with how VAR is used. There’s a clear distinction between the two. I don’t think there’s anybody out there that’s happy with the times it’s taking for decisions and some of the farcical robotic-like interpretation of flawed rules is ridiculous too but to suggest we scrap it all completely because we want a perfect flawless instant system straight away is insane.

It’s going to lead to a lot of frustration for probably a few seasons whilst they tweak the system and get it to a point where it’s in an acceptable spot but it’s a relatively small price to pay overall when you consider how much fairer it makes the game for all.

I’m shocked at how many are against it considering the overwhelming belief on here that there’s this football cabal that are so dead set against us that are corrupt to the core and will do whatever they can to destabilise us.
I'm not saying scrap it altogether, but the way it is at the moment is terrible - and can you say you trust anyone at FIFA/UEFA to get it right anytime soon. So I can assure you I'm not insane - thanks for that fellow blue - but I just hope by some miracle someone comes up with a better method of implementing it. I've always said 2 reviews a team per game which 'might' sort out the clear and obvious mistakes, which correct me if I am wrong, is what the rule was meant to be for

We’ve got this to look forward to next season. What have they done?
Football has always been about mistakes, from both players and officials. It’s the jeopardy part that makes football what it is. If it’s as bad as I think it will be, it’ll be my last season next year. Division 3, Stockport, York City, Phil Neal, Alan Ball, Frank Clark, Billy McNeill, Jimmy Frizzel and Stuart Pearce never came close to making me stop going to City for 40+ years. 1 season of VAR and I think I’ll be done.....
100%

Nope. I don’t think so. I think it’s adding to the entertainment if anything.

Attendance and viewing figures won’t be affected. Just a lot of hot air on forums.

You keep saying this, but it's not what it's there for. Some of us like football for the game. It looks like you want it turning into some
sort of soap opera or more reality tv, for you.

With all the delays for VAR reviews, football is going to be like North American sport where it takes about three hours to play a 60 minute game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.