Var debate 2019/20

I thought the same as you for both, but as I have just said Walton was explaining that the technology was very accurate, so it can't be just the replays we are seeing, they must be using something else, the replays are just for TV (and stadium use*). It was news to me that they were using technology.

*apart from clubs who can't afford screens obviously
Petty sure the tv`s for the fans was part of the delay

I thought the same as you for both, but as I have just said Walton was explaining that the technology was very accurate, so it can't be just the replays we are seeing, they must be using something else, the replays are just for TV (and stadium use*). It was news to me that they were using technology.

*apart from clubs who can't afford screens obviously
would that be the 2 biggest clubs in the history of world football , that voted against it and supposedly cannot afford a big screen

Really disliked the VAR influence on the game - the two offsides, penalty retake etc all unnecessary.
It should be a clear error, like in cricket, not the hair of his armpit afro marginally offside. Jokes.

From PIGMOL,clear and obvious error is not a mm offside

VAR will monitor the matches but will be used only for "clear and obvious errors" or "serious missed incidents" in four match-changing situations:

•Goals

•Penalty decisions

•Direct red card incidents

•Mistaken identity

The final decisions wil be made by the onfield referee

Assistant referees will not flag for tight offside decisions

Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test.
Assistant referees will not flag for tight offside decisions obviously it didn't apply at anfield last night or probably wont at the swamp

I don’t know if this has been said in his huge thread, but VAR is even worse when you are listening on the radio as you generally have no idea if a ‘goal’ looks ‘dodgy’ in real time like you can when you’re watching on tv or to a lesser extent, in the stands.

I listened to the game on talkshite and the not-third just sounded like a great goal until about a minute later. The real-third sounded like there was no issue as well. The commentators are going to have to adjust how they react to goals to quickly identify if VAR may be an issue or not to inform the listeners.

This is from june so sorry to bore you all again but it makes so much sense:

A simple change to the offside law that if ANY PART of the attacker is level then he is ONSIDE. It makes it easier for all to see and hopefully means more goals and hence more entertainment which after all is why we love the game so much anyway.

All other parts of the game require the ball to have completely crossed the line for a goal, throw in etc. so why wouldn't the same principle apply for offside that the player has to be completely beyond the defender. Wait till there's an issue like today but the defender is 60m the other side of the pitch to the attacker. How can it then be claimed that the attacker is gaining an advantage?
Somebody will she beat me to it but didn't we seem to be going down a path (probably about 10 years ago) that there needed to be daylight between the last defender and forward?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.