Var debate 2019/20

Why was there no VAR review in the rags 3rd and 4th goal ??

Rashford looked close to being offside and A Chelsea player was fouled / head injury for the 4th

Already selective reviews going on

And the 2nd for a foul by Maguire.

Just watched Red shite v Rentboys.

Didn't see VAR review any of their goals using lines to Indicate what we got yesterday. One of them was a very close offside call as well.
Only daft reviews were for a ball in the net that was so offside a blind man from 3 miles away would have seen it and a red card that was never a red card.

Why was that?

Just watched Red shite v Rentboys.

Didn't see VAR review any of their goals using lines to Indicate what we got yesterday. One of them was a very close offside call as well.
Only daft reviews were for a ball in the net that was so offside a blind man from 3 miles away would have seen it and a red card that was never a red card.

Why was that?

Selective Reviewing

Said before this is the easiest way a game can be controlled given the opportunity!

It doesn’t sit well with me !

After our game every fuxking goal from now to the end of the season should
Bloody be checked !

sorry if this has been posted before but Andy Gray's analysis of this makes a really good point.....

the jist of ti is that dependant upon what frame the person who is looking at the VAR system stops it at will hange decisions and there can be 25 frames in a second (but from when themoment a player looks like he passes a ball there are about 3 or 4 frames but the differnce between those frames in terms of off or on side can be very different.

for me it is when the passer of the ball hits the ball initially so it should be the first frame

VAR had a very good opening weekend for me. In our game the decision on a potential penalty against Rodri lasted seconds and was over before Ederson even got the ball from the ballboy, that’s exactly what you want. Big tick there.

There’s obviously an issue with what’s offside and what isn’t but it’s a flaw in the rule and the interpretation of the rule than VAR itself. as long as every decision is given equally I’m perfectly fine with sterling’s goal being offside.

Im sure there will be another decision somewhere this season that’s given onside that’s worse than the sterling decision but the margin of error is much lower than what we get without it. It’s never going to be absolutely perfect from the start, the key thing is there’s a reduction in errors. I also fully expect the law to change within the next year or two for greater clarity and the tech will improve to aid this too.

For Sterling’s second goal, I looked over at the linesman before he even put it in and he looked as though he wanted to flag until he realised he can let it go to var, everybody around me thought he was offside too resulting in the subdued celebration more so than fans not celebrating until var had made a decision.

The penalty decision was fantastic, the ref didn’t want to give it initially and the encroaching is something that never gets pulled up. In fairness to refs it’s impossible to simultaneously watch every player on the edge of the box, the taker and the keeper so var finally enforcing this often ignored rule is a big win in my eyes.

Away from City, I’ve just heard Wolves manager coming out with the bullshit “var destroys the spirit of the game” what spirit? Football isn’t this gentlemen sport we like to believe anymore, players will take any advantage possible, Diving, feigning injury, cheating, ignoring rules of the game destroyed the spirit of the game long ago. I’ve not seen it but reports suggest the decision was a correct decision and stopped a team gaining points they didn’t deserve and another losing points they didn’t deserve to lose. “Fans shouldn’t cheer no goals” why not? fans cheer when the keeper makes a great save, fans cheers when strikers miss open goals, they cheer when penalties are missed/saved. He’s effectively saying cheating is part of the game and should be accepted which is utter bollocks.

Today has proved var will work in scrums favour as there goals or decisions wont be reviewed.
Bent as fuck as normal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.