Did you celebrate? (vs Spurs pg21)

Hate it. I can’t eve sing ‘Who’s the bastard in the black’ anymore.
The first nail has been knocked into the coffin.
haha but we can sing "you're not fit to do the var sign, you're not fit to do the var sign"

(Sterling's Lob)

Think this deserves to be separate from the other threads just to discuss an incident, just to see whether VAR is already having an influence on celebrations?

I didn't. Knew VAR was going to get involved so what was the point celebrating.

I was surprised he was actually onside, so it helped in that regard but it's a bit disappointing that I didn't get to celebrate it.
I celebrated as I normally would and then celebrated again after VAR confirms the goal.

In a bar downtown Atlanta with literally over 200 fellow Blues, having photos with the 4 FOUR trophies on the 'City Trophy Tour'! Very muted celebrations, due to the absolute disgrace that VAR is, when they disallowed our previous 'goal' the handful of Hammers fans in the bar celebrated like that had fkin scored FFS and stated getting all mouthy. Subsequently got the expected and well deserved dogs abuse from the hard core Blues (in the main the ex-pats!) and it threatened to get quite nasty, thankfully it did not! I predict this will not be the last time, VAR provokes such a reaction, again another negative about this goddam awful system!!

In a bar downtown Atlanta with literally over 200 fellow Blues, having photos with the 4 FOUR trophies on the 'City Trophy Tour'! Very muted celebrations, due to the absolute disgrace that VAR is, when they disallowed our previous 'goal' the handful of Hammers fans in the bar celebrated like that had fkin scored FFS and stated getting all mouthy. Subsequently got the expected and well deserved dogs abuse from the hard core Blues (in the main the ex-pats!) and it threatened to get quite nasty, thankfully it did not! I predict this will not be the last time, VAR provokes such a reaction, again another negative about this goddam awful system!!
Goddam

No, I knew the VAR was coming. Then, despite expecting it to be chalked off again, I didn't feel any emotion when it was given.

For offside to be given because an attacker's shoulder is a hair's breadth ahead of the defender (if it even was) is completely ott and utterly ridiculous. If you can't see whether he's offside while watching a monitor in slow motion, you shouldn't be giving offside. It's football, not a forensic investigation.

I thought Sterlings 3rd was miles offside so didn't celebrate at all anyway, VAR is still shit though and ruining the game ... A few years time I will be watching on TV so at least I will know what the fuck is going on when the ball hits the back of the net... !

Last edited:
Was in the away end at West Ham on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.
Celebrating goals twice is a novely but I quite like it.
And the usual City humour was in full evidence with cries of V-A-R V-A-R for the last 20 minutes was great fun.
West Ham fans hated it.
What's not to like ?...

Yeah there is fans around me who do that! I celebrate and I look a fool when its not a goal so fcking WHAT!!

Got a memory of celebrating a goal in the Everton League cup semi final a few years ago, and it turned out it hadn't even gone in. Celebrated for about a minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.