Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say we've definitely lost some listeners over this issue, but I'm okay with that. That's life! It's definitely the most difficult thing we've tackled since we started the pod. I almost didn't want to talk about it, and we ignored it initially when Bernardo did the tweet. It was only after Pep spoke post Preston that it became impossible to ignore.
you didnt lose me

I do think Pep getting accused of racism was one of the reasons he went so hard on defending Bernardo's character, but I wish someone had explained to him that people weren't really accusing Bernardo of being racist, just posting a racist/racially insensitive/racially ignorant joke.

When he wasn't defending Bernardo's character as a whole, Pep was pretty perfect in his summation - "He didn't mean it, he's sorry if it offended, won't happen again".

If it wasn't racist he had nothing to apologise for, Pep has been called a racist twice whilst he has worked in this country because the people doing the accusing will get away with it because we have a bent out of shape ideology warping words and meanings to push an agenda.

Somehow I think we both know the answer is no.
What baffles me is why hasn't this offensive, disgusting, provocative, racist image that the makers of these chocolate peanuts been brought to the attention kick it out or Spain's equivalent of kick it out? Why is a cartoon character depicting slavery been used for years upon years and nobody has batted an eyelid?
This fuckin country, full of your gender bending, gender fluid, non binary, they them us everyone, snowflakes are the cause of all this.
Wankers.

Ah yes classic bluemoon. Things that make you a snowflake - being receptive to views on racism, things that don't make you a snowflake - throwing a wobbly over Garth Crooks' Team Of The Week.

The irony here is of course that it's the people doubling down and going on the defensive over this that are making the situation all the more worse. Perhaps a less emotional and pragmatic view of things would help everyone to move on from it. Most of the press that i've seen on it has taken the view that Bernardo is perfectly decent guy who has made a mistake. It's the kind of mistake I've made myself in the past. An acceptance of that would ultimately be better for the club and the player going forward.

If it wasn't racist he had nothing to apologise for, Pep has been called a racist twice whilst he has worked in this country because the people doing the accusing will get away with it because we have a bent out of shape ideology warping words and meanings to push an agenda.

I don't know how to respond to replies that so clearly didn't read my comment.

I'm just watching the athletics on BBC and all the presenters are black.
As a white person do I take offence like all the snowflakes do, do I moan about equality and demand that there should be a white person on also?
No I don't.
It was never an issue years ago, programmes could have all white and all black presenters and nobody would be bothered in the slightest but nowadays and I keep harping on about social media but it is to blame, social media is breeding these nobheads by the bucket load.
There are the snowflakes on here too, getting all touchy feely if somebody says something slightly against the norm.
The world is fucked, digitally fucked.

you didnt lose me

Haha. I appreciate that. To be honest some of the discussions 'off air' about it have been far more robust than anything we've said on a pod. As I say, it's not an easy subject to tackle publicly. I'm guessing a lot of people on here feel very comfortable espousing the views they have because they're hiding behind anonymous usernames. We're out in public when we do podcasts, and are there to be shot at in real life.

Wow, this thread is shocking.

Can we not all just accept that it was probably a pretty stupid idea to tweet this in the first place?

Sure, it's been exaggerated and turned into a witch hunt, but it was bloody stupid.

The character is a little gollywog, I can't believe an EU country actually has a product on it's shelves with that image.

There's also the video where he's joking about Mendy not having trousers on. Does the guy not realise he's got millions of eyes on him? If he doesn't go on a race awareness course he needs a bloody media training course as a start!

I'm just watching the athletics on BBC and all the presenters are black.
As a white person do I take offence like all the snowflakes do, do I moan about equality and demand that there should be a white person on also?
No I don't.
It was never an issue years ago, programmes could have all white and all black presenters and nobody would be bothered in the slightest but nowadays and I keep harping on about social media but it is to blame, social media is breeding these nobheads by the bucket load.
There are the snowflakes on here too, getting all touchy feely if somebody says something slightly against the norm.
The world is fucked, digitally fucked.

Has anyone pointed out the irony of how upset you're getting over other people getting upset too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.